Sizing Help! Ibis Ripmo v1

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Sizing Help! Ibis Ripmo v1
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
Hey all! Long time listener, first time caller ...

Am taking a hard look at the Ibis Ripmo as my next right (likely v1). I'm 5'5 and 150lbs so I seem to fall smack dab in the middle of their sizing recommendations.

Does anyone have thoughts or recommendations on what size (S or M) would be best for me?

I appreciate a fair degree on handling on my bikes (currently riding a 27.5 Canyon Spectral sized S) but I'm looking to upgrade to something with a more efficient pedaling platform, strong climbing capability, and enough travel to be comfortable on the downs ... which the Ripmo seems to meet.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations!

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
I don't have that bike but, if you're between sizes, two important factors are your inseam length and torso length. Ideally you want a bike sized so the reach and stack give you a balanced riding position, for climbing, cornering and descending, with low enough standover to allow you to put your feet on the ground.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 23:27 Quote
Hi, I'm 5'4" and some change and my current bike has 432mm reach. A friend just got A V1 Ripmo in medium and since Ibis says both this and small are OK I briefly rode it to get a feel (I may go for a Ripmo AF at some point).

While it's definitely rideable for me I think I would get the small for my own bike. The big wheels are very stable on their own so there's less need for a long wheelbase compared to 27.5. It also depends on the use, if you want it to be your "big" bike then maybe go for the M. But as an allrounder I think at our height S will feel more natural. Esp. if you like how the small Spectral handles.
That said, while the Ripmo is clearly able to race and win enduros it feels more like a trail bike compared to others. It's a great pedaler and will be very efficient and comfortable in all day missions. My friend mentions all the time how it makes familiar trails feel less fatiguing.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005411
Mobile Version of Website