Warden 2021 160 vs LT

PB Forum :: Knolly
Warden 2021 160 vs LT
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 20:49 Quote
Hello,

Wanted to try asking, whether anyone here had a chance to try and compare new warden in 160 and long travel version ? And whether it feels more playful ?

I have ridden 2016 Ali warden, 2018 carbon warden and now riding warden LT for about a year

All above were size large and for the most, really great bikes. Only switched to newer one out of curiosity and to get bit more stability and control on steep runs.

Bike is much longer on paper, but doesn't feel overwhelming when riding at all, apart for front wheel lift control at slow speeds - I can't get the hang of it on this bike.

To the point Iam scared of riding some features I was generally comfortable with before. And now Iam often skipping them, even after almost a year on this frame.

I've made several adjustments in setup to improve this, which helped a bit.

Last thing Iam considering is decreasing travel on the shock to 160 (rs deluxe ultimate with megneg). Maybe slight difference, but theoretically should be more playful.

For anyone who tried both or went other direction, did you notice the difference in this regard ?

They build 3 different setups around the same frame, so Ian hoping it's for a reason.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
Arty22 wrote:
Hello,

Wanted to try asking, whether anyone here had a chance to try and compare new warden in 160 and long travel version ? And whether it feels more playful ?

I have ridden 2016 Ali warden, 2018 carbon warden and now riding warden LT for about a year

All above were size large and for the most, really great bikes. Only switched to newer one out of curiosity and to get bit more stability and control on steep runs.

Bike is much longer on paper, but doesn't feel overwhelming when riding at all, apart for front wheel lift control at slow speeds - I can't get the hang of it on this bike.

To the point Iam scared of riding some features I was generally comfortable with before. And now Iam often skipping them, even after almost a year on this frame.

I've made several adjustments in setup to improve this, which helped a bit.

Last thing Iam considering is decreasing travel on the shock to 160 (rs deluxe ultimate with megneg). Maybe slight difference, but theoretically should be more playful.

For anyone who tried both or went other direction, did you notice the difference in this regard ?

They build 3 different setups around the same frame, so Ian hoping it's for a reason.

Thanks

I have not ridden the 160 warden, but I just got a 167 (LT) warden off jenson. It is a GREAT bike. suprisingly light, the 27.5 wheels are a lot of fun. Great suspension, and not crazy slack like some of these other bikes out there. But to answer the question, If you are wanting to ride big stuff, definently go with the bigger bike. but if you want a slightly more playful bike, go with the 160. hope this helps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006332
Mobile Version of Website