Bar spins with Trek Remedy w/ knock block

PB Forum :: Trek
Bar spins with Trek Remedy w/ knock block
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Can some one point me in the direction of what I need to do to be able to do bar spins with my 20' Trek Remedy that has knock block? I read something about a 10 mm angled head spacer? Thank you in advance.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
boysiner wrote:
Can some one point me in the direction of what I need to do to be able to do bar spins with my 20' Trek Remedy that has knock block? I read something about a 10 mm angled head spacer? Thank you in advance.

You need to remove the small tab that sticks up on the Knock Block wedge that is installed on the top tube of your frame near the headset. I made you an awesome picture to help:
I m helping

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
You need a 9.8 slackr.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
Look up a reverse components angle set. It’s a little piece that goes between the crown of the fork and the bottom of the headset. Cam Mcaul uses it on a fuel EX with knock block.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
Look up a reverse components angle set. It’s a little piece that goes between the crown of the fork and the bottom of the headset. Cam Mcaul uses it on a fuel EX with knock block.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
I feel like this needs to be explained a little more deeply for anybody else who happens upon this discussion thread in the future:

The Knock Block is a device that prevents the fork from turning any farther than a certain number of degrees. Trek created this because they decided frames are stronger with straight down tubes (they called this "Straight Shot"), but straight down tubes can be smashed into by the upper part of your fork when it turns too far. Different forks have different geometry, so one fork may bash into your frame while another has room to do a billion barspins. Other frame manufacturers avoided this problem from the get-go by making the down tube curve, so it goes straight back at first then curves down to point towards the bottom bracket.

Remove the Knock Block limiter tab as suggested by @seraph, and then gently turn your fork as far as it will go. Does your fork make it past your down tube without touching it? Congratulations, you can toss that tab and go buck wild. Does your fork touch your down tube? Then you need to change something before you can do bar spins--either find a fork with tighter geometry, use an angle adjusting headset, or use a crown race extender such as the Reverse Components Angle Spacer Crown Race. Whatever you need to do to get your fork far enough away from your down tube.

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
Can anybody confirm if the slackr 10mm -0.5° will make the fork clear on 2022 Remedy 8 L with Lyrik select+? Seems like I just need a tiny bit in order to ditch the knock block. Thanks,

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011297
Mobile Version of Website