Are Demo 8's good downhill bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Are Demo 8's good downhill bikes?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
i'm looking for a new downhill bike is a demo 8 a good downhill bike?

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
ye they dont seem like theyd be that bad 0f a bike.. are you racing?

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 14:09 Quote
A demo 8 would be an excellent downhill bike. You can also buy a demo7 and remove one spacer to get it up to 8" travel. Demo's also are one of the strongest bike frames so you should own it for a while if you end up buying it.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
A demo 8 would be an excellent downhill bike. You can also buy a demo7 and remove one spacer to get it up to 8" travel. Demo's also are one of the strongest bike frames so you should own it for a while if you end up buying it.

Strongest? How? They do crack, haha. And if you take the spacer out of the D7, you don't get a full 8", you get 7.75".

The Demo 8 would make a good DH bike, not the best. But deffinitely decent.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
dude wat duz life time warrenty mean to u. if it cracks who cares. u can get it replaced for free

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
nishnash wrote:
dude wat duz life time warrenty mean to u. if it cracks who cares. u can get it replaced for free

Life time to me, means life time. But it is 10yrs...And it is just a hassle when something breaks, it means 3weeks+ of no riding.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
10 years thats odd.waiting is an issue to good point

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
coca wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

Strongest? How? They do crack, haha. And if you take the spacer out of the D7, you don't get a full 8", you get 7.75".

The Demo 8 would make a good DH bike, not the best. But deffinitely decent.
Then what is the best??(In your opinion.)

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
303, supreme dh, m6, socom, blindside, vtach, shocker, sunday

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
nishnash wrote:
303, supreme dh, m6, socom, blindside, vtach, shocker, sunday

The Supreme DH is AMAZING so far, it is deffs at the top of my list. But so are the, v10, m3/m6, DHR, Sunday...I haven't ridden everything out there, so I can't say what the actual BEST is...but for my style, and what I've ridden, the Commencal takes the cake. To everyone his own...

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
personally i think the sunday world cup is the most proven dh bike. commencials are very nice too.

the demo is a godly dh bike btw. get one if you want. the only thing is you dont see pros racing them.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
The demo takes a 40 mph head on crash into a wall to bust the headtube. And yes rear triangles do crack. What bike have you not seen break?

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
ShocksFloat wrote:
personally i think the sunday world cup is the most proven dh bike. commencials are very nice too.

the demo is a godly dh bike btw. get one if you want. the only thing is you dont see pros racing them.

Yup, the Demo is a great DH bike, not quite godly but...:P

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
no it qualifies as godly. because it can be an intense freeride bike too. anyway my opinion.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
ShocksFloat wrote:
no it qualifies as godly. because it can be an intense freeride bike too. anyway my opinion.

Guess I shoulda kept my Demo then...hahaha. Beer

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011246
Mobile Version of Website