Enduro Comp 2017 vs Siskiu T7 2021

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Enduro Comp 2017 vs Siskiu T7 2021
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 1:30 Quote
I currently own a 2017 Specialized Enduro Comp with following specs:

Command Post IR
Magura Brakes + 200mm Disks
SRAM GX 1x11V
SRAM 32T
Fork Rockshox Pike 170mm 90 PSI
Shock Rockshox Monarch Plus con Autosag 210 PSI
27.5 Roval 29mm inner width 584x29
Micheline 2.4 Both

Now I’m interested in selling this bike and getting a 2021 Polygon Siskiu T7 (stock and new)

Main reasons are new geometry and 29 inch wheels.

I mainly do local trails in Lima, Peru, smooth but technical descents, and some jumps, small to medium.

I’m able to sell my current bike and get the Polygon for the same price.

Is this a fair and intelligent trade?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
I would suggest the T8 instead. better fork and other specs, minimal upgrade as compared to if you were to purchase the T7.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
If you want a more “poppy” and playful bike, keep the Enduro. The suspension design of the Siskiu T7/T8 is very supple, and tends to go into its travel easier than the FSR Horst on the Enduro.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
Subie6359 wrote:
I would suggest the T8 instead. better fork and other specs, minimal upgrade as compared to if you were to purchase the T7.

I spend 60% of my pedaling in urban city and remainder 40% on local trails; from which 70% I pedal upwards and 30% downhill/trail flows.

I figured a T7 would be an all rounder for my type of riding…

Let me know your thoughts.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
I currently own and have some content on the T7 (link to channel in profile) and will say for $2k USD the T7 is awesome. The Deore drive train is great the rear shock is nice brakes are good for the price. Even the fork is decent. At 36lbs for size large with pedals this bike is more poppy than you would guess. In time my first upgrade would be lighter wheels and a better fork. But out of the box it shreds and I thought it climbed well. This is the least expensive bike we have reviewed and I have been riding it a lot. Super fun.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
srifai wrote:
Subie6359 wrote:
I would suggest the T8 instead. better fork and other specs, minimal upgrade as compared to if you were to purchase the T7.

I spend 60% of my pedaling in urban city and remainder 40% on local trails; from which 70% I pedal upwards and 30% downhill/trail flows.

I figured a T7 would be an all rounder for my type of riding…

Let me know your thoughts.

The T7 and T8 are the same bike; the T8 is simply the next step up in component specification.

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 1:13 Quote
meSSican wrote:
I currently own and have some content on the T7 (link to channel in profile) and will say for $2k USD the T7 is awesome. The Deore drive train is great the rear shock is nice brakes are good for the price. Even the fork is decent. At 36lbs for size large with pedals this bike is more poppy than you would guess. In time my first upgrade would be lighter wheels and a better fork. But out of the box it shreds and I thought it climbed well. This is the least expensive bike we have reviewed and I have been riding it a lot. Super fun.

Wow I just saw your channel today! I was looking into the Marin Rift Zone 3 2021 and your review came up in the results, very compelling channel.

So between the 2021 Siskiu T7 ($2700) and 2021 Marin RZ 3 ($3000) which one is a better all rounder?

I just subscribed to your channel

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 1:14 Quote
boozed wrote:
srifai wrote:
Subie6359 wrote:
I would suggest the T8 instead. better fork and other specs, minimal upgrade as compared to if you were to purchase the T7.

I spend 60% of my pedaling in urban city and remainder 40% on local trails; from which 70% I pedal upwards and 30% downhill/trail flows.

I figured a T7 would be an all rounder for my type of riding…

Let me know your thoughts.

The T7 and T8 are the same bike; the T8 is simply the next step up in component specification.

Yes that’s what the store owner told me, both have the exact same frame, just different specs.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005897
Mobile Version of Website