Don't Trust Facebook Pay, Ever.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Don't Trust Facebook Pay, Ever.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Ok my mountain biking brethren, I am very, very upset. I finally found the bike I wanted and I got a hold of the guy the had the bike and we set up a time and a pice and I drove over two hours to meet him. I get there and see the bike and say yes we have a deal.
So I find him on Facebook so I can send him the money through Facebook pay. I send him the money and he didn't get it so we are trying figure out why when he realized I have sent it to an old hacked deactivated Facebook account that Facebook actually deactivated and I look at the account and it hasn't been used for well over a year and I sit and watch him try and try to sign into that account and he can't because it has been deactivated.
We get ahold of Facebook and they say he need to click on a link and fill out a form and then they can fix it but the form sends him straight to a place to sign in to that deactivated account. So we both co tact Facebook again and they just keep telling us to do the same things over and that I cannot be refunded unless he says I can but it won't let him say he can because it won't let him sign in to a hacked deactivated account.
So long story short I am out $700 dollars and still did the deal with the guy because I am true to my word and I know he could not have been ripping me off because we both did everything we could to get it resolved with Facebook. Eventually he might actually get the money somehow and I would hope he would send it back to me but if he didn't I would not be surprised and I would still blame Facebook for letting me send money to a deactivated account.
Thanks for reading. Don't use Facebook pay.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
That sucks, man. Thanks for the heads-up. I will be sure to use them for nothing more than my daily dose of insipid comments and quasi-political rants.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
Facebook shouldn't be trusted with your email address, let alone your money

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004999
Mobile Version of Website