Titanium Bar v. Carbon Bar

PB Forum :: 29ers
Titanium Bar v. Carbon Bar
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
I am building a new 29er XT build, w/ carbon frame. My build currently includes an Evo carbon bar, but a friend suggested that I switch to a Why Cycles titanium bar (for more $). I have heard that titanium bars are more flexible, but I have never used a titanium bar. Is there a significant difference between titanium and carbon bars? Are there any other considerations? Is it worth the price increase?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
The material matters less than the specific bar design. Its possible to make extremely stiff, or flexible bars from either material. Sorry, I can't answer your question.

My best advice on this would be to select a bar specifically marketed for the attribute you want. I.e. if you want flexible, buy a bar that claims compliance.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
What's the use of the bike going to be? Anything aggressive might need more rise, 10mm is pretty low.

Also not sure if it makes a difference to you, but their titanium bar is made in China.

Also it's significantly heavier than a carbon bar.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
I think you are tryin to buy a Revel, huh? Those carbon bars are already expensive and super high end. I personally wouldn't pay more for titanium.

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
I’ve ridden both carbon and Ti.
But of course it very much depends on which bar you are talking about…even if the same material. Ti (Kingdom Sparta) does have a lovely feel, it’s very strong so when you crash you don’t get too worried but they were 31.6 so probably why the felt more compliant…something to consider is that Ti does “creak”…that might annoy you, especially depending on which stem you use. Have ridden loads of different carbon bars, currently Enve M7 and OneUp and the hype on the OneUp’s is real…probably the best bars I’ve ridden.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005389
Mobile Version of Website