Super Boost Plus?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
I’m looking at buying a Pivot switchblade if one becomes available. Is the Super Boost Plus a reason to avoid getting the switchblade or any other bike with this hub. I was thinking of getting a 27.5+ wheel to mullet it once in a while. Any advice would be appreciated about Super Boost and why it’s good or to be avoided. Thanks

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
Reason to avoid? Not really. Does make a stronger wheel than boost 148 does. You can also use a good old 157 hub from downhill bikes (not as strong of a wheel though) if you can’t find a super boost plus hub.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
I used to have a switchblade, they are a great bike. I don’t understand why more manufacturers don’t move to 157 spacing. There is no downside from a riding perspective, actually the reverse and t had better heel clearance than my current bike with a 148 axle. Yes there are fewer hubs available but there’s still plenty out there and you may well find you don’t want to mullet it. I bought a hub with the bike but it was so good as a 29er once I fitted a slackeriser headset I never built 5e 27.5 wheel. Go for it!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005670
Mobile Version of Website