2022 jekyll real life ride opinion

PB Forum :: Cannondale
2022 jekyll real life ride opinion
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 4:03 Quote
Just after some real world info on the new jekyll
Build options and weight
Climbing and descending performance
Any trouble with the gravity cavity area
Any living with issues.
Share the froth!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
Hey Mitch,

We have some 2022 Jekylls arriving in the next few weeks when we get those in I will give you some info on how they ride and some of the characteristics. - Jack

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 1:46 Quote
Bought it rode it Sold it.
Don't buy a bike designed by engineers
Cannondale still got some kooky shit going on

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 22:44 Quote
mitch148 wrote:
Bought it rode it Sold it.
Don't buy a bike designed by engineers
Cannondale still got some kooky shit going on
could you elaborate a little more on this? most of the reviews ive read/watched raved about it. wondering why you disliked it enough to sell it immediately as its one of the top contenders for my next ride.

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 22:59 Quote
any HP bike that isnt a DH bike: "seems like a good idea at the time... engineer: hold my beer"
Consumers who lap this stuff up: more drunken designs that make no sense for mtb please i buy all.

Seriously though,
Bought a range, Rode the range, sold the range.

Rode exactly how i thought, big brutes that get bigger during any compression and lack "natural" fun.
Anyone who raves them is justifying their expensive purchase

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
I loved it. Not super radical geo but suspension works very well. Switching from Stumpjumper Evo and no regret. So much smoother ride and it even pedals well and it's has best paint job I have ever seen.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
jrvolk wrote:
mitch148 wrote:
Bought it rode it Sold it.
Don't buy a bike designed by engineers
Cannondale still got some kooky shit going on
could you elaborate a little more on this? most of the reviews ive read/watched raved about it. wondering why you disliked it enough to sell it immediately as its one of the top contenders for my next ride.
It really depends on the kind of trails you are riding its a long big bike thats hard to move and likes to stay on the ground pointed in one direction so it would be great for a bike park or wide open flow trails but anything tight where you want a nimble bike would be more of a challenge.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 0:32 Quote
1.Biggest complaint is the rear suspension seemed too progressive I tried softer tunes tried a coil shock multiple different spring rates still no joy bike seemed to always want to stand up in the mid stroke like there was naturally to much support. Bike was great at race pace but nervous and harsh feeling when just riding for fun.
2.poor quality paint yes it looks amazing 2months on it looked 2years old.
3.gravity cavity definitely catches and stores large rocks so they can chip and scratch up your frame.
4.run a sram 10-50casssete and you need to run excess b tension frame or the upper derailleur pulley hits the chainstay in lowest gear is obviously designed around 10-52.
5. Removing the shock is a nightmare involves removing the whole linkage.
Say what you want about terrain to suit I ride all sorts of terrain and this bike isn't bad it's just not right for me.
Iv owned a few bikes(slash sb150 sentinel enduro meta am29) and this one spent the least amount of time to know is wasn't right and couldn't be worked around to get the feel I wanted.
Currently on a nukeproof giga 290 and its the sauce!!

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
Put a deposit on one in November 21 and it was supposed to arrive this august but i just got a call from the dealer and now theyre saying april 2023 for a 2022 model lol WTF

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
if your waiting anymore than 3-4months for a bike, choose a different one.
the new jekyll isnt even worth waiting for.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
mitch148 wrote:
1.Biggest complaint is the rear suspension seemed too progressive I tried softer tunes tried a coil shock multiple different spring rates still no joy bike seemed to always want to stand up in the mid stroke like there was naturally to much support. Bike was great at race pace but nervous and harsh feeling when just riding for fun.
2.poor quality paint yes it looks amazing 2months on it looked 2years old.
3.gravity cavity definitely catches and stores large rocks so they can chip and scratch up your frame.
4.run a sram 10-50casssete and you need to run excess b tension frame or the upper derailleur pulley hits the chainstay in lowest gear is obviously designed around 10-52.
5. Removing the shock is a nightmare involves removing the whole linkage.
Say what you want about terrain to suit I ride all sorts of terrain and this bike isn't bad it's just not right for me.
Iv owned a few bikes(slash sb150 sentinel enduro meta am29) and this one spent the least amount of time to know is wasn't right and couldn't be worked around to get the feel I wanted.
Currently on a nukeproof giga 290 and its the sauce!!

I'm with you on everything you said, bike has been a real pain, I simply cannot get the rear end to feel good, tried different tunes, shocks etc.
Bike feels great in bike parks but on natural rooty rocky trails it's pretty harsh and a handful.
I'm racing the Megavalanche next week and not really looking forward to it.

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 15:49 Quote
I recently got a 2022 Jekyll and it's honestly been great. Loam wolf has a review of it and it was in their Enduro bike tests. I think they call it out well. This isn't a bike to cruise around on. It excels attacking steep chunky terrain. It doesn't feel great at all on sorta flat sort and rocky. But, neither does my Fox38.

But get it in its element and it's so confidence inspiring. I still haven't figured out just how late I can brake.

I changed the Fox air shock to an MRP coil shock. But that's mostly because I prefer coil and didn't want to mess around with the air shock.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 16:35 Quote
Got on my first ride today (old bike is a Rocky Mountain Altitude) and TBH it made me think that the rear shock on my Altitude wasn't working Smile - it's that good (I have Nobl TR37 and Chris Kings on my Jekyll). Rode it up a twisty switchback trail, down some rocky tech and a on jump trail and it soaked up the rocky stuff like it was nothing and was a hoot on the jump trail - flew down it and it seemed to float over the braking bumps and rocky chunk. For me and my type of riding (with a yearly week long trip to Whistler) it's going to be perfect.

Interesting to hear about others experience with the paint - first job I did on mine (Purple Haze) was to put an Invisiframe kit on it.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015525
Mobile Version of Website