In need of rear wheel help in Asheville, North Carolina area!

PB Forum :: USA - East
In need of rear wheel help in Asheville, North Carolina area!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
Hey all, hope you are doing well. I am in a bit of a bind: down in the North Carolina for the next 2 weeks visiting my grandparents and checking out the riding scene here, which I've been planning to do for a while. Drove 14 hours straight down from Maine on Saturday, went to do my first ride in Pisgah on Sunday, and blew up my carbon rear wheel. Cracked straight through about 5 minutes down the descent from Pilot Rock on an unlucky rock strike.

I submitted a warranty claim to We Are One but getting a new wheel sent from Canada may take a while and I am out of commission til then, which sucks because I was super stoked to ride here. I’ve called a bunch of local shops looking for an affordable 28H aluminum rear 29er hoop to get me up and running but no luck so far. Figured I’d reach out here since I don’t know anyone in the area. Let me know if you know of a shop that might have that rim, anywhere that might loan out an XD driver rear 29er wheel, or willing to pay for a cheap demo/rental even - thanks so much in advance and sorry for the long message!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
willsynnott wrote:
Hey all, hope you are doing well. I am in a bit of a bind: down in the North Carolina for the next 2 weeks visiting my grandparents and checking out the riding scene here, which I've been planning to do for a while. Drove 14 hours straight down from Maine on Saturday, went to do my first ride in Pisgah on Sunday, and blew up my carbon rear wheel. Cracked straight through about 5 minutes down the descent from Pilot Rock on an unlucky rock strike.

I submitted a warranty claim to We Are One but getting a new wheel sent from Canada may take a while and I am out of commission til then, which sucks because I was super stoked to ride here. I’ve called a bunch of local shops looking for an affordable 28H aluminum rear 29er hoop to get me up and running but no luck so far. Figured I’d reach out here since I don’t know anyone in the area. Let me know if you know of a shop that might have that rim, anywhere that might loan out an XD driver rear 29er wheel, or willing to pay for a cheap demo/rental even - thanks so much in advance and sorry for the long message!

Go see the guys at Squach Bikes in Brevard. They will hook you up.

https://www.squatchbikes.com/

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
Sycamore Cycles has rentals, too. In Brevard at the entrance to Pisgah

www.sycamorecycles.com

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005484
Mobile Version of Website