Norco Sight vs We Are One Arrival

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Norco Sight vs We Are One Arrival
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
Looking for a do it all trail bike that can survive my mostly blue line park riding. Been a long time XC rider and racer but now working on more gravity oriented riding. Would hope that either bike could support me well if I were to try out an enduro race as a noob. I'm really bad at jumps and drops and hope that going to one of these bikes will help me with my progression compared to my dual suspension XC 120mm bike. Want a bike that will be confident on the descents and not awful to pedal up a 1000m+ per ride.

I've narrowed down to these bikes due to travel, aesthetics, reviews and availability near me. The Arrival is more money but seems to have a better spec per dollar than a C1 Sight, getting We Are One rims as stock means there would be nothing to upgrade later. A C2 build is still enough for me on the Sight but going all out on the Arrival would be fun for once after years of mid level bike builds. No reviews compare the Arrival and Sight so I'm at a loss of how they should compare.

I've rented Sights for downhill riding before and enjoyed them. The Arrival I've never been able to demo. I've demoed Megatowers before and preferred how the Sight handles. The Arrival should be lighter then the Sight, the reviews are glowing. Insights and stuff to think about is super appreciated! A lot of money to spend and shopping for bikes is beyond frustrating right now, but I'm tired of renting bikes for downhill days and want something more fun for trail next summer!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
after owning an alloy sight recently, i would go carbon next time as its quite a heavy frameset so stay carbon.
They both have high leverage ratios which might limit you in suspension setup if you are a heavier rider and i felt like i was at the extreme end of the sight being 210lbs.

the WAO will be much nicer finish quality but its hard to say about anything else as its so new.

Canyon just brung out the new spectral which would fit what you are looking for perfectly and would be cheaper.

I dont need one at all but im curious so i've preorderd the new spectral already.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 21:41 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
after owning an alloy sight recently, i would go carbon next time as its quite a heavy frameset so stay carbon.
They both have high leverage ratios which might limit you in suspension setup if you are a heavier rider and i felt like i was at the extreme end of the sight being 210lbs.

the WAO will be much nicer finish quality but its hard to say about anything else as its so new.

Canyon just brung out the new spectral which would fit what you are looking for perfectly and would be cheaper.

I dont need one at all but im curious so i've preorderd the new spectral already.

The Spectral is a sweet looking bike, sure it will be a blast! For the size range I'm awkwardly in between the L and the XL for my preferred top tube length (645-650).

I'm a bit lighter, not a lot. I've heard multiple reviews on the Sight saying it takes some experimentation to setup the rear suspension correctly. Sounds like a lot of reviewers like to add a spacer or two. We Are One has a strict low sag setting for their rear suspension. Both require some attention for suspension setup.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
Have you considered the Marin Alpine series?(just based on 160/150 travel) Very cheap but good geo and specs.
There is the new stumpjumper EVO but be paying a premium for it.
There is always GG - one main purchase and can buy the bits to turn it long or short travel.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 21:00 Quote
I like your two options. Both really nice bikes with great reputations. Haven't ridden either but I have seen plenty of reviews. The WAO might suit an XC racer. Apparently the pedalling is fantastic. The suspension sounds like it is dialed, the unicorn of a fast pedalling, fast downhill, enduro, trail bike.

For me, the choice between these two doesn't exist. The WAO is such a beautiful machine. Made in Canada. My experience with WAO tells me that the quality will be unparalleled. Given the reviews, the WAO is the obvious choice and given that you will probably be happier on something that doesn't sacrifice pedalling, it is also a great choice.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 3:48 Quote
Well you could almost buy two Sight C2’s for the price of the Arrival. So they’re an odd comparison.

I’d pick the Arrival though, but I’d take a Mega over the Sight so don’t listen to me.

In a perfect world my post like this will be in the Spring when WAO releases a GX spec Arrival and Santa Cruz release a V2 Mega.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
Starsky686 wrote:
Well you could almost buy two Sight C2’s for the price of the Arrival. So they’re an odd comparison.

I’d pick the Arrival though, but I’d take a Mega over the Sight so don’t listen to me.

In a perfect world my post like this will be in the Spring when WAO releases a GX spec Arrival and Santa Cruz release a V2 Mega.

Pricing is actually pretty competitive for the Arrival, or maybe Norco is uncompetitive. In Canada the Arrival is 10k CAD for an XO1 spec, with carbon cranks, Fox Factory, carbon bars + wheels with nice hubs from WAO. A C1 Sight is 9.1k CAD for XO1 with aluminum cranks, top of the line Rockshox, aluminum rims with inferior hubs, aluminum bars, which is certainly not upgradable to the Arrivals spec for $900. The C2 Sight is 7.8k CAD with XT filled in with SLX pieces and mid level FOX. Still really good spec but I can justify the 2.2k premium purely on spec for the Arrival.

My perfect world would have WAO offering an XT spec with Fox Performance Elite suspension. Their CEO mentioned in an interview that they will not be selling any more fully built bikes than the current ones in 2022 due to supply issues. The remaining Arrivals will be rolling chassis leaving the buyer to spec their own drivetrain, brakes, fork, post, seat and other odds and ends. It's an option to consider but we have to see what the rolling chassis cost. Chances are my XT spec would not save a lot.

I'm leaning towards the Arrival since most of my riding will be outside of a park and and Arrival should be lighter and more climb happy. The Sight will be more confident on the descents but either bike should be incredibly confident compared to my XC dual suspension. The Sight is just a touch longer than the Arrival, the rest of the geo is pretty similar. My reservation about the Arrival is hopefully it doesn't involve too much early adopter pain. First bike from a young company. Is it possible for it to be as good or better than a large company that's been in the game for decades?

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
omegawolf1000 wrote:
Starsky686 wrote:

Pricing is actually pretty competitive for the Arrival, or maybe Norco is uncompetitive. In Canada the Arrival is 10k CAD for an XO1 spec, with carbon cranks, Fox Factory, carbon bars + wheels with nice hubs from WAO. A C1 Sight is 9.1k CAD for XO1 with aluminum cranks, top of the line Rockshox, aluminum rims with inferior hubs, aluminum bars, which is certainly not upgradable to the Arrivals spec for $900. The C2 Sight is 7.8k CAD with XT filled in with SLX pieces and mid level FOX. Still really good spec but I can justify the 2.2k premium purely on spec for the Arrival.

My perfect world would have WAO offering an XT spec with Fox Performance Elite suspension. Their CEO mentioned in an interview that they will not be selling any more fully built bikes than the current ones in 2022 due to supply issues. The remaining Arrivals will be rolling chassis leaving the buyer to spec their own drivetrain, brakes, fork, post, seat and other odds and ends. It's an option to consider but we have to see what the rolling chassis cost. Chances are my XT spec would not save a lot.

I'm leaning towards the Arrival since most of my riding will be outside of a park and and Arrival should be lighter and more climb happy. The Sight will be more confident on the descents but either bike should be incredibly confident compared to my XC dual suspension. The Sight is just a touch longer than the Arrival, the rest of the geo is pretty similar. My reservation about the Arrival is hopefully it doesn't involve too much early adopter pain. First bike from a young company. Is it possible for it to be as good or better than a large company that's been in the game for decades?

I agree completely with your take on the WAO except when you watch the pinkbike enduro field test, they are comparing it to bikes much bigger than the sight or WAO. The arrival seemed to hold its own against bikes with 170mm travel. I certainly didn't get the impression that I would find a sight to be more confident. I still say it's an easy choice.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
rahrider wrote:
omegawolf1000 wrote:
Starsky686 wrote:

I agree completely with your take on the WAO except when you watch the pinkbike enduro field test, they are comparing it to bikes much bigger than the sight or WAO. The arrival seemed to hold its own against bikes with 170mm travel. I certainly didn't get the impression that I would find a sight to be more confident. I still say it's an easy choice.

Norco is oddly expensive for their brand prestige. (Though I may be biased living in BC and having grown up in the era where Norco was trying to be everything to everyone)

The early adopter stuff is a consideration however there was a NOBL vs WAO wheels post awhile ago where one of the posters asked the two companies about their warranties and WAO’s response sounded quite impressive, so it sounds like they’d have your back (downtime, still sucks if it does have a flaw.)

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
I have a 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson C that I am selling for the WR1 Arrival... Seems like the dream bike for me and I agree the spec for the price is actually pretty good (comparing to similar spec SC like I have now). My vote goes for the Arrival every day... but thats because I ordered one. I have ridden one around parking lot, and it the geo seemed bang on for what Im looking for. And I don't think you will be able to find another bike on the market that will match the fit and finish... Can't wait for mine to arrive in April!

BTW, no GX (or any lower spec/budget) builds coming for 2022 at least.. and the "rolling chassis" price will be:

Frame, Fox Float X2 Rear Shock, Chris King Headset, I9 Hydra/WR1 Union wheelset, and DaPackage.
MSRP - $6425 (8% savings off MSRP total that would be $7099)

Decent price for what you get... but not better than buying a complete I don't think.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Sight vs Arrival is like a Corvette vs Ferrari.

They both do almost the same exact thing just as well as one another but the Arrival is obviously a step above in terms of overall fit and finish. If you have the extra money to spend I'd say just get the Arrival because it is cool. I have an alloy sight and have zero complaints about it. Really like how it rides, particularly descending, suspension is great and geo is also. I just have other hobbies so I would probably never spend the extra couple grand on a Ferrari when the Corvette is super dialed anyways.

You will have an excellent experience with either bike.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
nskerb wrote:

They both do almost the same exact thing just as well as one another but the Arrival is obviously a step above in terms of overall fit and finish. If you have the extra money to spend I'd say just get the Arrival because it is cool. I have an alloy sight and have zero complaints about it. Really like how it rides, particularly descending, suspension is great and geo is also. I just have other hobbies so I would probably never spend the extra couple grand on a Ferrari when the Corvette is super dialed anyways.

100%

And I’m a diehard Corvette fan (who will grab a Ferrari once it’s built with Gx/XT and a performance elite fork)

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 22:00 Quote
nskerb wrote:

I'm a car fan so I understand this analogy perfectly. At least this Ferrari is only 15-20% more than the Corvette and you can see what the extra money is buying you. Just factoring the difference in spec makes up the difference. It's a lot of money upfront, but there is no temptation to upgrade anything after, it's already as good as it can get. The Norco might leave me wanting to try carbon wheels, bars to see what they do for a bike over the next year or two.

I think if a Norco Sight was fitted out to similar spec it would cost a similar amount. Factor in the coolness, quality, and buying local it makes the Arrival a good value (never thought I'd say that about a 10k bike).

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005599
Mobile Version of Website