Raaw madonna owners

PB Forum :: Other
Raaw madonna owners
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Been riding my v2.2 for a couple of months now. Would love to see other people's set ups/ opinions. Only seen one other on the trails so far

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 3:25 Quote
Any feedback from your time on it so far? I’m off to test ride one in a few weeks time.

Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
Ye I like it it's definitely a fast bike. I would say I'm everybit as quick on it as my old summum.
I'm 5ft 10 and went for the large. It fits me really well but I did shorten the chainstay just to make it a bit more 'poppy'
The only issues I've had is the brake hose routing is really tight against the bb and I've been chasing down an annoying creak. Re greasing the main pivot solved it for a bit but planning to strip and re grease all the pivots to hopefully rectify it.
It's also cool if you want something different. I've only seen one other person with one in the 3 Months I've had it.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
nellyt wrote:
Ye I like it it's definitely a fast bike. I would say I'm everybit as quick on it as my old summum.
I'm 5ft 10 and went for the large. It fits me really well but I did shorten the chainstay just to make it a bit more 'poppy'
The only issues I've had is the brake hose routing is really tight against the bb and I've been chasing down an annoying creak. Re greasing the main pivot solved it for a bit but planning to strip and re grease all the pivots to hopefully rectify it.
It's also cool if you want something different. I've only seen one other person with one in the 3 Months I've had it.

Just ordered a used one! Ever find that creak? Someone posted on mtbr thinking it was dirt creeping into the axle through a small hole on the underside of the frame.

Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 4:09 Quote
Hi guys,

Can I ask your opinions on this? I'm 187cm (6ft 1.5).
The madonna size guides are:

Large - 177 - 190cm
X-Large - 186 - 199cm

I've just ordered a large, as my current bike is an Identiti Mettle, which fits me and the type of riding I do.
When you compare the numbers, you get:

Mettle: 477 reach and 597 stack.
Raaw: 480 reach and 657 stack.

The XL Raaw is 505 reach and 670 stack.

I've got no complaints with the Mettle Geo, but I wanted to try 29" wheels. The Madonna looks like the best fit, but I never got to try one.

Have I made a good choice going with the large and not the X-large?

Thanks guys

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 9:26 Quote
Benji-man wrote:
Hi guys,

Large - 177 - 190cm
X-Large - 186 - 199cm

I've just ordered a large, as my current bike is an Identiti Mettle, which fits me and the type of riding I do.

I've got no complaints with the Mettle Geo, but I wanted to try 29" wheels. The Madonna looks like the best fit, but I never got to try one.

Thanks guys

Ya looks like a good call. The big difference in stack will mean you would run less stem spacers and bar rise for the same handlebar height, which only further increases your reach. If you're not already on a 35mm stem I'd probably try to get a shorter stem than you had on your previous bike to minimize this change, but the super steep seat angle on the madonna also helps here. The adjustable chainstays also hugely effect how the bike rides so you'll have a good amount of options to fit yourself. Disclaimer, I didn't look up your old bikes geo.

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 7:24 Quote
Thanks Jimmy!
Appreciate the comment. Should arrive next week so I'll soon find out if we're both right Wink

Jimmy0 wrote:
Benji-man wrote:
Hi guys,

Large - 177 - 190cm
X-Large - 186 - 199cm

Thanks guys

Ya looks like a good call. The big difference in stack will mean you would run less stem spacers and bar rise for the same handlebar height, which only further increases your reach. If you're not already on a 35mm stem I'd probably try to get a shorter stem than you had on your previous bike to minimize this change, but the super steep seat angle on the madonna also helps here. The adjustable chainstays also hugely effect how the bike rides so you'll have a good amount of options to fit yourself. Disclaimer, I didn't look up your old bikes geo.

Posted: May 24, 2023 at 7:46 Quote
Been riding the Madonna V2.2 for a couple of months now and have been working quite a bit on setting up the rear suspension. I'm riding a 2023 Super Deluxe Coil with a 400lbs spring (I weigh approx. 65 kg/145lbs), the shock has a low compression tune and linear rebound.

The bike has approx. 25% static sag, but does blow through it's travel a bit too easily and has limited mid stroke support. I'd rather not up the spring as I think it'll sit too high in it's travel.

The good people at RAAW has told me that they recommend a medium tune rather than low.

So my question is, could this lack of mid stroke support be fixed by merely swapping out the tune from low to medium?

I'm currently on the verge of trying out the Super Deluxe "air" version instead. Float X2 is an option as well, but don't want to buy the current version as I've heard rumors of a new one coming out rather soon.

Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 2:32 Quote
Martin-MX350 wrote:
Been riding the Madonna V2.2 for a couple of months now and have been working quite a bit on setting up the rear suspension. I'm riding a 2023 Super Deluxe Coil with a 400lbs spring (I weigh approx. 65 kg/145lbs), the shock has a low compression tune and linear rebound.

The bike has approx. 25% static sag, but does blow through it's travel a bit too easily and has limited mid stroke support. I'd rather not up the spring as I think it'll sit too high in it's travel.

The good people at RAAW has told me that they recommend a medium tune rather than low.

So my question is, could this lack of mid stroke support be fixed by merely swapping out the tune from low to medium?

I'm currently on the verge of trying out the Super Deluxe "air" version instead. Float X2 is an option as well, but don't want to buy the current version as I've heard rumors of a new one coming out rather soon.

I currently have an SDLX air with 2 tokens. i found the suspension would blow through the travel very easily.. The extra token definitely helped, but considering adding a third. I weight 81kg so i got the rocker 60 and am now wondering if i should've just sized up to the 65.. but tbh, i don't think adding a third token would make the initial stroke change a hugely noticeable amount as its so easy to get moving.. no issues with grip or small bump compliance

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2023 at 9:39 Quote
Does anyone in the US/CAN have 445mm rear end adaptors (axel and 203mm brake) they want to sell or trade? It's 100$ from Europe which is dumb. I've got the 440 and 450 pieces if anyone wants those.

Posted: Sep 30, 2023 at 13:49 Quote
Doesn't seem to be too many here.
Been riding mine since December, great bike, love the simple engineering.
Did a week in Finale Ligure with it... Highly recommend.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2023 at 15:41 Quote
Martin-MX350 wrote:

Sorry, random lurker and Ibis Ripmo owner. I found my ibis would blow through travel too quick with the 500lb coil (DVO Jade X) that came with the bike. Decided to go with a progressive DVO coil and it helped quite a bit 550-650lb. It was slightly less plush off the top, but felt far more confidence inspiring off drops etc. Might be worth a look if that's avaible for the super deluxe.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2023 at 15:42 Quote
ps. I love the look of this bike. All it's cracked up to be??

Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 2:09 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
ps. I love the look of this bike. All it's cracked up to be??

Hey, thanks for chipping in! I ended up going for the super deluxe air MY23 instead. Initially even this felt slightly too linear, but got a progressive aircan for it and currently its pretty sweet. I am very finicky about suspension, so it works well, but I'll most likely always find something to tinker with.

Regarding the bike it is honestly pretty amazing. I've had some "bad luck" with former bikes breaking/cracking and was often annoyed when wrenching on them as they either had poor hardware on the frame or had an unfortunate design. Here the Madonna is quite nice, its well thought out and the hardware is nice, simple and sturdy. Riding performance is top notch IMO as well.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 7:09 Quote
I'm not sure if they have a Canadian distributor, but if so it might be at the top of my list. I really want to buy a bike from my LBS, but the Madonna just speaks to me.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012282
Mobile Version of Website