close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Looking for a Design Engineering related internship!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Looking for a Design Engineering related internship!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 4:03 Quote
Hi guys!

I was wondering if you had any experience with companies that hire interns in the Design/Engineering field within the mountainbike and/or road bike industry. I've been looking for about a year now and are extremely passionate about the performance bike industry. Combine that with the dream to live abroad for a while, and you quickly end up in BC (or any other area in Canada//USA). If you have any tips, or contacts within the industry, please let me know as I would love to contact them.

A short bit of information about myself:

I am Daan, a 25 year old Integrated Product Design student at Delft University of Technology, based in The Netherlands. I have a BSc-degree in Industrial Design Engineering from the same university. I’ve got experience abroad as a R&D/CAD-engineer at a medical company, and before I start working I’d like more experience in other countries and industries by means of an internship in the performance bike industry. Start date and duration are flexible for me, I just really want this.

Please let me know if you want more information or just want to chat!

All the best and cheers,

Daan

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Hey Daan, just happened to see your post, figured I'd give what information I can.

I did my BASc in Engineering in BC, briefly worked in medical device R&D, and did my capstone design project with a local mountain bike company. I work in a different industry now.

There are a few bike companies with BC offices: Live to Play Sports (Norco), Fox Factory (Race Face), and Rocky Mountain. Take a look at their websites and see if they've got any postings.

With a BSc you may be overqualified for an Engineering "intern" roles here, they're usually filled through undergrad "Co-op" programs at the local universities. But it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
Hi!

Wow, sounds great! I've already contacted Norco and Rocky Mountain, but will contact Race Face as well. No openings for the first two at this moment, but I will continue to try.
Do you happen to know if any smaller/local mountain biking companies are open to interns as well? Doing an engineering internship in BC alone would be a dream.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Cheers

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
Have you tried Chromag in Whistler ?

https://ca.chromagbikes.com/

Good Luck.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 1:55 Quote
Thanks! I've sent them a message. Whistler would be perfect.

Cheers

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005621
Mobile Version of Website