Broken hub internals on Canyon Stoic?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Broken hub internals on Canyon Stoic?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Just scored a stoic 4 off a fellow pink biker who had ridden it for two months and was moving in a different direction. Took it up some local trails and when I stood up to crank I heard a pop/clang sound and was sure my chain had broken. Not the case. Fully intact chain and crank system so I’m assuming I’ve got a rear hub problem. Anybody with similar bike have this issue with Canyon? Is it worth giving them a ring?

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 19:42 Quote
Absolutely it's worth calling Canyon about your issue, the worst they can do is say they can't help and just refer you to a shop.

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 2:12 Quote
Will do that for sure. I tracked down the cryptic hub listing as being related to orange8.

From the Canyon Stoic4 components list

“Alex Rims DP30 / KT TW1F-15
We paired wide (30mm) and tough alloy rims with the proven reliability of Shimano Boost 110-compatible hubs.”

I did a search for KT TW1F-15 and came up with this website.

Www.KTgroup.net

Unsurprisingly, there’s a German office. A web search for an orange8 freehub xd11/12 replacement led me here:

https://www.modernbike.com/origin8-cx-gx-mt-fb-1110-elite-cassette-body-for-xd-11-12s

My hesitation is that it doesn’t fit the “KT” type hub, which I’m assuming is the cheaper version since it’s what came stock in the bike. Just obsessing at this point and will get in touch with Canyon next week.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 17:18 Quote
Hey @2trickpony, thanks for the info - I just had the exact same issue today. Did you have any luck here? I bought direct from Canyon at the end of last summer so hoping they might be able to help me out

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
Nope. Ended up giving up and going with a dt350. Zero problems since. Stock. No ratchet upgrade. 6’1, 250 full gear. Very happy.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 8:18 Quote
2trickpony wrote:
Will do that for sure. I tracked down the cryptic hub listing as being related to orange8.

From the Canyon Stoic4 components list

“Alex Rims DP30 / KT TW1F-15
We paired wide (30mm) and tough alloy rims with the proven reliability of Shimano Boost 110-compatible hubs.”

I did a search for KT TW1F-15 and came up with this website.

Www.KTgroup.net

Unsurprisingly, there’s a German office. A web search for an orange8 freehub xd11/12 replacement led me here:

https://www.modernbike.com/origin8-cx-gx-mt-fb-1110-elite-cassette-body-for-xd-11-12s

My hesitation is that it doesn’t fit the “KT” type hub, which I’m assuming is the cheaper version since it’s what came stock in the bike. Just obsessing at this point and will get in touch with Canyon next week.

I have a Stoic 2 and I experienced what sounds a lot like you did but felt like it was coming from the chain ring. Nothing abnormal. No broken teeth.

Stoic 2 hubs are Shimano MT400.

Ended up being your hub? haven't experienced the problem since?
I'll have to take a look at the hub.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006205
Mobile Version of Website