Session vs Supreme DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Session vs Supreme DH
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
Sold my 2019 YT, never got along with it that well and I’m looking at new bikes. I might get into amateur racing, ESC but only a few rounds, I’m mid-40’s 6’4” 210lbs not super quick and ride a mix of tech and newer park style stuff. Full 29 vs mullet doesn’t really matter to me, New with a warranty does. Hoping to keep it for 2-3 seasons minimum, park/racing/local freeride usage.

Session sounds like maybe a better all around bike while the Supreme is more racing oriented?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
Well I’ve never tested the new Session but it looks a racing focused bike as the Commençal.

Depending on your skills you can hit park features with both but the Supreme mainly focused on racing not jumping. It doesn’t mean you can’t jump it means it doesn’t help.

Tried the new mullet version of the Supreme and owned the v 4.2 years ago and loved it.

For the Session you can check the Summer of downhill review on Vital MTB

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 0:54 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Sold my 2019 YT, never got along with it that well and I’m looking at new bikes. I might get into amateur racing, ESC but only a few rounds, I’m mid-40’s 6’4” 210lbs not super quick and ride a mix of tech and newer park style stuff. Full 29 vs mullet doesn’t really matter to me, New with a warranty does. Hoping to keep it for 2-3 seasons minimum, park/racing/local freeride usage.

Session sounds like maybe a better all around bike while the Supreme is more racing oriented?

The Commencal is in stock and $2k (no shock) so I'd go with that (Trek is $3k with shock and not in stock).

Or you can get a Nukeproof Dissent with shock for $1,400.

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
My friend bought Commencal Supreme DH last year and I fell in love with that bike. It will be my next bike 100%. Due to high pivot and despite 220 mm of travel it pedals suprisingly easy even if you want to go riding your local tracks.

What I also like about the bike is I dont hear any cracking noises in his frame and crown. Not much I can tell about it but its a very good machine I can tell you that.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 22:14 Quote
The commencial is a smooth operator
Brake bump eraser
Jumps fine.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009012
Mobile Version of Website