close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Advice Wanted: California Transplants, Do you regret leaving?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Advice Wanted: California Transplants, Do you regret leaving?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 20:49 Quote
Hey Pinkbikers,

I've lived in California for nearly 10 years and due to the impossible housing costs I'm thinking about relocating to the east coast. I'm having a really tough time with the decision and would love to hear from some other mountain bikers who maybe have had to make a similar choice. How has it been moving away from the golden state from a recreation point of view? The east coast has some great bike parks with mountain creek and highland, which are pretty much comparable in distance as big bear and mammoth from LA. Do you find it harder to access trails? Would love to hear some personal experiences..and please leave your politics out of it.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 17:13 Quote
I moved from Cali to Virginia Beach so I regret it big time lol. I went from mammoth every day off, to peddling a lot of flat stuff. With that being said there is a lot of good stuff to ride on the east coast. Just gotta drive through a lot of bs to get out to it. George Washington National Forest has some super fun trails with great terrain. North Carolina has even more fun trail systems that offer a lot of fun options. I will say that I really enjoy the east coast dirt and rockyness more than west coast dry sandy chunk. I’m looking to move west again soon but making the best of what I’ve got. Are you moving because of the cost of living or family? Either way I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Not meaning to sound negative by any means.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004962
Mobile Version of Website