3D Printed Parts or Acessories

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
3D Printed Parts or Acessories
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
I've recently gotten into 3D printing and wanted to see what kind of parts and accessories people have designed and made for their bikes. Any good success or failure stories?

Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
Started simple, a boost spacer for a 100x15mm front hub, have now done several variations in different colours/ materials.
A dropper lever (which worked but need to dial in settings a bit more to make it stronger, was very impressed that barrel adjuster threaded into the printed threads), several iterations done since.
A couple of Wahoo computer mounts (a BOLT with FDM printer and more recently a ROAM in resin)
A sag-o-meter with resin printer
(also printed a finger splint/guard for my youngest daughter after she damaged her nail, she has tiny little fingers)
boost spacer
boost spacer

boost spacer
boost spacer

dropper lever
dropper lever

dropper lever mk1
dropper lever mk1

finger guard
finger guard

photo
Sag-o-meter

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
I designed and printed a tube holder for my Sentinel. Works good! PLA isn't the strongest but when you get into printing ABS or polycarb you can make some pretty strong parts. Check thingiverse.com and just type in bicycle and you'll be able to download and print stuff other people have made.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 17:41 Quote
If you have Magura brakes, you can print your own colored caliper rings. Magura charges an arm and leg for them and offer like 5 crappy colors.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
If you have Magura brakes, you can print your own colored caliper rings. Magura charges an arm and leg for them and offer like 5 crappy colors.

Yup that would be an easy one. I want to get into making custom 1 finger brake levers for my TRPs lol.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Do you know of any file?

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
Do you know of any file?

I don’t know much about 3D printers. I found this file and asked someone on Etsy to make them for me. They were super cheap, worked great.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3746817

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
@t1ppen How did the dropper lever work out? I like that idea.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
I designed and printed a tube holder for my Sentinel. Works good! PLA isn't the strongest but when you get into printing ABS or polycarb you can make some pretty strong parts. Check thingiverse.com and just type in bicycle and you'll be able to download and print stuff other people have made.

What type/brand printer are you using to print polycarbonate?

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 6:47 Quote
eaudiffred wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

What type/brand printer are you using to print polycarbonate?

I haven't printed any PC yet, waiting for Prusas carbon fiber PC filament to come back in stock. My machine is a Prusa MK3S+ though, I'll have to use a hardened steel E3D nozzle to print carbon fiber PC

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013214
Mobile Version of Website