How does everyone like their Rocky Mountain?

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
How does everyone like their Rocky Mountain?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
I am looking to buy a 2020 rocky mountain instinct BC 90 and wanted to hear how everyone likes the brand. I have owned Santa Cruz, Giant and Trek bikes in the past but never a Rcoky.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
tough as neil. But the Ride 9 system is a bit tricky to find a perfect setup for you. I guess having too many choices may not be a good thing. The geo seems less "modern" compared to other brands. Because I am located in Canada close to their R&D HQ, so its relatively easy to get support.

glang251 wrote:
I am looking to buy a 2020 rocky mountain instinct BC 90 and wanted to hear how everyone likes the brand. I have owned Santa Cruz, Giant and Trek bikes in the past but never a Rcoky.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 22:25 Quote
vanshore wrote:
tough as neil. But the Ride 9 system is a bit tricky to find a perfect setup for you. I guess having too many choices may not be a good thing. The geo seems less "modern" compared to other brands. Because I am located in Canada close to their R&D HQ, so its relatively easy to get support.
I wouldn't say "less" modern but more conservative and didnt jump down the throat of "longer, lower, slacker" as many brands are now bringing their geo back a wee bit.(based on enduro)
I believe more people need to follow the front EWS guys, those bikes are the ones the average/good mtber will benefit from as they are the best well rounded(even reviews on those same bikes say they are balanced)

I was all about the new "longer, lower, slacker" it was stable just blasting but big bikes untill i went back to my mega at the time, much more sharp and enjoyable.
I jumped to the altitude recently and have no regrets, the suspension works so good, put the rear in the long setting, second from slackest ride-9 and its been such a good everywhere bike, will easily pedal up but then smashes the bike park.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 23:26 Quote
I have a 2019 instinct BC A50 and love it. As the above mentioned 'long low slack' was getting a bit too much in my opinion. Im 6 foot with a large and feel like its the perfect geo/size for super fun and incredibly nimble bike. I hated the frame recall colour and wanted to sell it but it just rides soooo well I couldn't. In all honesty its an incredible bike if your looking for more pop and playful rather than plow stable.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
Thanks for the feedback. Is it worth spending $5k USD on a 2020 Carbon BC edition in great condition, all stock, with about 30 hrs on it? I am worried if I don't like it and decide to sell it in a year that I won't be able to get much for it. The seller has had it listed for 6 months at 5,500 and hasn't been able to sell it.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
$5k is a lot for a used bike, but if it is all high end components and in great shape it beats paying $7k+ for a new one. I’ve been very pleased with my Element and Altitude, both were purchased used. My Altitude 770 Rally was just what I wanted with XTR brakes and drivetrain; it was 2.5 years old, in great shape and cost me less than half it’s original price.

I recently bought a gravel bike and really wanted a Solo, but couldn’t find one new or used and needed at least a 4:1 gear ratio. 40t x (11-42) wouldn’t work for me, so I got a Canyon Grizl 2x. That was the first bike I have purchased new in 15 years. With all the supply chain issues, it can be hard to find a new bike that is exactly what you want. Canyon is sold out of most of their bikes, and they are on-line orders only. I don’t know how stocked Rocky dealers are, I don’t have a dealer near me.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005835
Mobile Version of Website