close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Waterproof Shorts - Don't Laugh

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Waterproof Shorts - Don't Laugh
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for waterproof shorts?

Yes, I know it sounds silly, but until it gets really cold, I much prefer wearing shorts to pants, specifically when I'm wearing knee pads. I don't mind my lower legs getting wet, but really hate having a wet crotch at the end of a ride.

Take a jacket off, you're dry, swapping out a wet shirt and throwing a hoodie on, easy. Changing your underwear in a parking lot is more awkward.

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
If you don't have luck with shorts look at lightweight fishing stuff from Columbia. I have some shorts from them that are nearly hydrophobic and they make pants with zip off lower legs. Idk on the waterproof part, but I know they make stuff like that.

Scotchguard works as well. Used it to waterproof some old camo pants to go snow skiing in whrn I was a teenager. LOL

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 15:41 Quote
I have a pair of Endura MT500. On really wet rides the seat let's through a little bit of moisture but that is only the wettest rides.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
The 7mesh Revo short or TLD Resist short both will do good job of keeping my but dry. I would have to say that the 7mesh is the better short but it is also twice the price.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 21:00 Quote
I have a pair of the Endura MT500 & Gore shorts. I agree with Pratley above; the Endura is mostly waterproof and has a nice cut that does not catch on seat or get in the way while shifting and moving around the seat. The pockets re handy too. The pair of Gore - only slightly better waterproofing the the Endura, but the cut/fabric are not as rider friendly. I’d take the Endura if price is similar. (I’m selling my Gore shorts.)

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
Another vote for the MT500! Every once in awhile I treat them with Nikwak spray on, rain beads off of them. Going on my 3rd season with them, they get used a lot on the North Shore.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
I bought a pair of shorts with padding from Cycorld and they are very comfortable and quick drying. And the price is very friendly, not as expensive as the big brands. I don't like to ride in long pants, it will restrict my movement

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 22:53 Quote
I just got some Madison DTE ones and I'm well impressed

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
TimMog wrote:
I just got some Madison DTE ones and I'm well impressed

I can vouch for these also, great shorts for wet rides

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005285
Mobile Version of Website