Coastal California must ride trails

PB Forum :: USA - West
Coastal California must ride trails
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
Planning a California surf/bike trip in February and wonder what are the must ride trails or trail networks. Any info will be appreciated, thinking Santa Cruz to San Clemente and dont mind a bit of a drive inland for good trails.
Thanks

FL
Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Planning a California surf/bike trip in February and wonder what are the must ride trails or trail networks. Any info will be appreciated, thinking Santa Cruz to San Clemente and dont mind a bit of a drive inland for good trails.
Thanks
Well, the Coastal trail on MT Tam is a bucket list trail I think.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
February's going to be sloppy along the coast and snowy in the Sierra. Better to just bring the surfboard and leave the bike, unless you're interested in fireroads.

Mod
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
bit far, but laguna beach and noble canyon might be good

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
February's going to be sloppy along the coast and snowy in the Sierra. Better to just bring the surfboard and leave the bike, unless you're interested in fireroads.

*At least the stuff around Santa Cruz, anyways (UC, Demo, Nisene, Skeggs) will be mudpits in February. Winter riding around here is Ft. Ord heavy, which is enjoyable enough, but definitely xc-centric. I can't speak for San Luis Obispo and south.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
If you are driving down highway 1 then Montaña de Oro is gonna be the best trail system south of Monterey. Rides well in the rain to.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Thanks

If you're going down to San Clemente, you can hit the orange county spots that are good. Laguna / Aliso Canyon and the San Clemente Single Tracks (park at the dog park) are definitely worth riding. Simi Valley/Rocky Peak Park up by LA is also very much worth your time.

let me know if you want more info on any of these.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
I would check out demo soquel forest for sure. Ride flow or braille. Flow is the one of the longest flow trails. 6 miles of awesome downhill!

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 16:41 Quote
Thanks to all for the feedback

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
As was already said. Laguna and Aliso are really fun and you can ride both sides the same day. San Clemente or a little more inland to the San Juan Trail or Santiago Oaks. All in Orange County.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009575
Mobile Version of Website