Bronson V4 - Fox X2

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V4 - Fox X2
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Has anyone here tried a Fox X2 on their V4 Bronson? I spoke with Santa Cruz support who highly recommended the X2 for this bike and just placed an order for one. Found it odd that it was their top recommendation, but none of their models were specd with one. Naturally, the settings vary from bike to bike, so I'm trying to figure out the recommended settings. The closest I could find is Santa Cruz's recommended shock setup for an X2 on the Megatower.

If anyone has an X2 on their V4 Bronson please share the settings you're using. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
Bumping an old thread as I’d like to know too! I’m about to do a build with this setup.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
MFasciano wrote:
Has anyone here tried a Fox X2 on their V4 Bronson? I spoke with Santa Cruz support who highly recommended the X2 for this bike and just placed an order for one. Found it odd that it was their top recommendation, but none of their models were specd with one. Naturally, the settings vary from bike to bike, so I'm trying to figure out the recommended settings. The closest I could find is Santa Cruz's recommended shock setup for an X2 on the Megatower.

If anyone has an X2 on their V4 Bronson please share the settings you're using. Thanks!

Float x2 is a great shock for tons of bikes. I would not use the megatower settings. They suggest running zero compression damping on the float x2 that is tuned specifically for the new megatower.

Someone else's settings are going to be different than your ideal settings...

Use basic suspension setup guide and go from there. TONS of youtube videos to help you with a 2021 float x2

Here's the Fox float x2 setup. Good place to start too. Read all of it.

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=1148

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 4:59 Quote
Following up on this, I finally have it dialed in. Read through a bunch of reviews and forums on both my X2 and Fox 38, which had my brain in a pretzel with the conflicting strong opinions on settings for both. After my first post in this thread, I thought the settings were good based on normal trail riding until I took it to the bike park. Both ends of my bike would pack down, so rebound had to be sped up.

Since then, I've settled on rebound approx. halfway open on my fork and shock, HSC fully open, and LSC only a few clicks from open using the Megatower recommendations as my starting point, noted by @nubbs. One thing I read in another forum, which I fully agree with, is that both the fork and shock are very sensitive to small adjustments in PSI. Using a digital shock pump helped find the sweet spot.

Here are my settings if you'd like to reference (clicks from closed). I'm 5'11", 205 lbs, riding a large V4 Bronson.

X2 - 230x60
PSI: 220
HSC: 7
LSC: 14
HSR: 4
LSR: 10
Tokens: 1

Fox 38 - 160
PSI: 106
HSC: 7
LSC: 13
HSR: 4
LSR: 10
Tokens: 2

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006378
Mobile Version of Website