Spammers using Trailforks messaging system to send me explicit content

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Spammers using Trailforks messaging system to send me explicit content
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
Got one from Claragr30

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
I received on from: Eleanorrh32 4 hours ago. Looks like TF deleted it and suspended them. Glad they were on it so fast. Question though: How do you block someone? Thank you.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
Wouldn’t worry about blocking, sounds like they’re just creating a mass of new accounts so the next message could be from anywhere

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
We try and catch these spammers soon as possible and ban their accounts and mark all the messages from them as spam.

You can help by reporting the user using the "Report Scammer" link on a message thread.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 1:27 Quote
I received an email through Trailforks/Pinkbike from Lunabg744, but link to message didn't work. Presume similar problem?

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 2:01 Quote
welcome to... the internet

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
Just received a message from Isabellavy430. When I open it it says "you cannot view this message"
Maybe same issue?

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 9:34 Quote
There have been some big spammer attacks this weekend. We are trying to block and ban them as fast as we can. Also adding some more checks and blocks to try and prevent this.... but @nojzilla is correct it's the internet. I just got 2 spam Instagram messages today and that is from a hundreds of billion dollar company with huge resources to combat it.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 22:08 Quote
Hey I know most of us are having a good chuckle about Incognito Robin, but I’ve gotta wonder if there is a relationship between the acquisition of PB, and the increase in spam BS. Going with the old adage that “if [I am] getting the product for free, then [you are] the product”… I have a really low threshold for this kind of stupidity and I’m inclined to deactivate this decades-old account and infrequently check PB anonymously. Sort this out, quick, or brace for a mass exodus.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 22:42 Quote
Been on PB since 2008 an I've not noticed any increase. Though, the spam does hit in a wave so. Maybe that's why it seems like there's an increase since the buyout?

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
There is no increase, this type of stuff and large spam attacks happen on Pinkbike all the time for a decade. They just keep getting more sophisticated.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008347
Mobile Version of Website