close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Sprained/Strained wrist?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Sprained/Strained wrist?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
Hi, I ate some dirt earlier and jacked up my wrist pretty good - is there any sure way you can tell a sprain from a break? If it is a break, I don't think it's major. But I can't grips things very well if at all which is the concerning part. Pain is medium unless I move it.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Hey there. It seems I’m your perfect test subject, as yesterday I broke my left wrist and sprained the right.

The pain of the break is insane, so much so that I didn’t even really register the pain of the sprain in the other. Now that I’m in bed waiting for surgery later today, I can feel the plain too.

I think you’d know if you’ve broken your wrist. I knew right away. My arm was deformed, and the pain was astronomical, even exquisite. Just pure pain.

That said, just get it checked anyway, you may have a small stress fracture, and it’d be worth getting it looked at.

A speedy recovery to you

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 0:58 Quote
natas2125 wrote:
hospital, x-ray

This.

I've had sprains that hurt more than fractures. Just get an xray to be sure. The other sign that it's a sprain is that it will improve significantly in the first few days, where a break may not.

Still though, your wrist is full of small bones and tendons that can cause major issues down the line (I speak from experience). Get it xray'd.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
natas2125 wrote:
hospital, x-ray

This.

I've had sprains that hurt more than fractures. Just get an xray to be sure. The other sign that it's a sprain is that it will improve significantly in the first few days, where a break may not.

Still though, your wrist is full of small bones and tendons that can cause major issues down the line (I speak from experience). Get it xray'd.

It did get a lot better in the first few days, probably just sprained it. I can't lean on it very well and twisting motions that require muscle are difficult but I'm more or less functional. Hoping I can put more weight on it soon, that is one thing that doesn't feel like it's gotten much better, but my grip strength is back.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
bravefart wrote:
Hey there. It seems I’m your perfect test subject, as yesterday I broke my left wrist and sprained the right.

The pain of the break is insane, so much so that I didn’t even really register the pain of the sprain in the other. Now that I’m in bed waiting for surgery later today, I can feel the plain too.

I think you’d know if you’ve broken your wrist. I knew right away. My arm was deformed, and the pain was astronomical, even exquisite. Just pure pain.

That said, just get it checked anyway, you may have a small stress fracture, and it’d be worth getting it looked at.

A speedy recovery to you

Sorry dude, sounds painful. Heal fast!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
pocketsandcollector wrote:
bravefart wrote:

A speedy recovery to you

Sorry dude, sounds painful. Heal fast!

Thanks mate! It sucks, but at least the painkillers make it bearable

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
How is your wrist now? I guess you can't stay on the painkillers forever?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005357
Mobile Version of Website