close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

All around shoes ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
All around shoes ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 2:33 Quote
Looking for a good pair of shoes for flat pedals, I ride mostly trails with some drops.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 20:31 Quote
tigheguy8 wrote:
Looking for a good pair of shoes for flat pedals, I ride mostly trails with some drops.

my five ten freeriders are good for me, wide feet, pretty heavy and solid, terrible grip when pushing up slippery stuff though!

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
how are the 5Tens for pedalling though..? I really want a pair of Freeriders since our trails have some good flow but they also have these really punchy climbs. You definitely pay to play. Wink

I have no doubts about their quality for flat pedal use, but a 'bendy' sole kinda hurts my feet. So I'm looking for something that works well pedaling hard too. Appreciate the feedback.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
adm750 wrote:
how are the 5Tens for pedalling though..? I really want a pair of Freeriders since our trails have some good flow but they also have these really punchy climbs. You definitely pay to play. Wink

I have no doubts about their quality for flat pedal use, but a 'bendy' sole kinda hurts my feet. So I'm looking for something that works well pedaling hard too. Appreciate the feedback.

If you want a flat pedal shoe with a stiffer sole, have a look at the Five Ten Impact. The sole is much stiffer than the Freeriders.

Posted: Nov 19, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
Freerider pros are quite stiff in the sole. I use them almost exclusively and do a ton of climbing.

I highly recommend the Freerider Pro over the Freeriders. They are overall a much higher quality shoe, last longer and fit much better. The Freeriders have a almost skate shoe feel to them whereas the Freerider pros feel more rider specific, stiffer and more toe protection.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
I haven’t tried the regular freeriders but do have a pair of Freerider Pro’s and agree they feel quite stiff. I really like them and find them to be really planted with the Raceface chesters. I need to lift my foot off the pedal to adjust where it sits, they don’t slide at all….if that’s something you’re looking for.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
my new freerider pros flex around the pedal quite alot, They're also getting torn up very quick from the pins - which is expected for the level of grip and using Pins that are screws (oneups)
They are def not what id call stiff.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 1:49 Quote
Vans are awesome. I love these things, might be worth considering.
https://www.vans.ca/en-ca/shoes-c00081/slip-on-pvn000eyebka?cm_mmc=GPF-_-google-_-merchantcenter-_-VN000EYEBKA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6qrQ7bPR9AIVfyGtBh3aQAOwEAQYAiABEgKAm_D_BwE

Here is why they are awesome...

1) Reasonable price

2) ULTRA grippy, super sticky rubber.

3) No laces/holes helps keep more junk from flying in

4) Slip on are convenient

5) They are low to the ground giving you a strong feeling of connectedness with the bike, and keeping your center of gravity low while standing, increasing your control.

6) Fashionable: They look like your great grandfathers slippers lol

7) Flat wide bottom (skateshoe style) prevents you from rolling your ankle if you bail/crash reducing chance of broken ankle dramatically, as well as increasing contact with the pedal by not having the arch thing.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006318
Mobile Version of Website