close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

25mm to 35mm high rise bars

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
25mm to 35mm high rise bars
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 22:54 Quote
Noob question. If I'm going to a 25mm to a 35mm rise handlebars and want to maintain the same reach and positioning how many spacers do I need to remove? Does it make sense only to remove 10mm from under the stem? I like the compliance of the oneup bars but don't want to go to 20mm handlebars.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 1:07 Quote
Reach will stay the same. Positioning will change slightly and yes moving your stem by one spacer (move a spacer from below your stem to above it) should get it back to a similar feeling. Try it as it is though. You may actually like it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
Reach will stay the same. Positioning will change slightly and yes moving your stem by one spacer (move a spacer from below your stem to above it) should get it back to a similar feeling. Try it as it is though. You may actually like it.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if I should do 10mm or if 5mm was sufficient give the head tube isn't parallel with the handlebars.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:
Noob question. If I'm going to a 25mm to a 35mm rise handlebars and want to maintain the same reach and positioning how many spacers do I need to remove? Does it make sense only to remove 10mm from under the stem? I like the compliance of the oneup bars but don't want to go to 20mm handlebars.

wondering why would you do this? if not increasing the reach to sit more upright, and you want the bars at same level, you are just changing bars for looks?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006106
Mobile Version of Website