close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Best trails frame

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Best trails frame
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
Hello, I am looking to swap my frame on my bmx bike. I currently have a street setup but I fell in love with trails riding last year so I would like to swap my setup to be better for trails. I have been looking at these frames: S&M ATF, S&M CCR, S&M black magic, S&M mod, standard trailboss, and the fit heartbreaker.

I am aware that the CCR has 3/8 dropouts.

as you can see from my profile picture I am a serious mtb rider so I am used to a bigger bike, but I do ride a tiny bit of park and some street spots (I go pretty fast still) so I am not sure if the longer frames will be to hard to throw around when I do ride other stuff. If yes trails are still my number 1 concern.

If you have any other frames that you want to shout out note that I have an MTB sized budget so price is no issue.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
Cult Walsh
Kink Backwoods
WTP Patrol
Also, the DK Flux is a great frame…but only available as a complete atm.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 5:37 Quote
As another aggressive rider that rides everything, you are right in saying that a longer, slacker trail frame is slightly harder to use as a park/street machine BUT my S&M Black Magic flows so much better than any frame I have had before. My priority is riding trails but I regularly ride everything and it is a great do it all frame! Plus, quality does not get much better than S&M. Hope this helps!

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Lgainerbmx wrote:
As another aggressive rider that rides everything, you are right in saying that a longer, slacker trail frame is slightly harder to use as a park/street machine BUT my S&M Black Magic flows so much better than any frame I have had before. My priority is riding trails but I regularly ride everything and it is a great do it all frame! Plus, quality does not get much better than S&M. Hope this helps!
Sick, do you have the black or the white? And is it a matte or gloss finish?

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 10:56 Quote
Can confirm, the Black Magic is a great frame. Plus the brake cable doesn’t go through the seat tube. Both are matte finish.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 19:49 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Can confirm, the Black Magic is a great frame. Plus the brake cable doesn’t go through the seat tube. Both are matte finish.

I just got this frame in the metallic black. Pictures don't do it justice. It's set up so that you can run the brake straddle cable either behind the seat tube or around the seat tube as the lower cable guide on the downtube is threaded.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 20:32 Quote
RowdyKittens wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

I just got this frame in the metallic black. Pictures don't do it justice. It's set up so that you can run the brake straddle cable either behind the seat tube or around the seat tube as the lower cable guide on the downtube is threaded.
Perfect time to reply, I just ordered mine today! So stoked!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005176
Mobile Version of Website