First time e bike search

PB Forum :: eMTB
First time e bike search
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
Hey y’all,

Been on an analog bike all my life and ride a lot of enduro/free ridey stuff but with life getting very busy I don’t have as much time to ride anymore and want to maximize my time on the trails so I’m looking to make the switch.

Right now I’m debating between a few bikes and was wondering if y’all have any input or advice for something I may have missed. Right now the debate is between the Kona remote 160, haro shift I/o 9, Marin alpine trail e1 (can’t find the e2 anywhere) and the polygon mt. Bromo n8. Trying to keep the budget at around 6k and below. Some of the direct to consumers I’ve looked at are just too out of stock but if I missed anything or you have advice let me know!

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
itay123 wrote:
Hey y’all,

Been on an analog bike all my life and ride a lot of enduro/free ridey stuff but with life getting very busy I don’t have as much time to ride anymore and want to maximize my time on the trails so I’m looking to make the switch.

Right now I’m debating between a few bikes and was wondering if y’all have any input or advice for something I may have missed. Right now the debate is between the Kona remote 160, haro shift I/o 9, Marin alpine trail e1 (can’t find the e2 anywhere) and the polygon mt. Bromo n8. Trying to keep the budget at around 6k and below. Some of the direct to consumers I’ve looked at are just too out of stock but if I missed anything or you have advice let me know!
I’d go with the Haro. That’s a great value.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
A tad bit over your budget at $6300 but I have been very happy with the Intense Tazer 279 Expert.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
A06 wrote:
A tad bit over your budget at $6300 but I have been very happy with the Intense Tazer 279 Expert.

I have heard that you can blow through the rear travel very fast on the tazer. Any thoughts? On paper i really like it but the reviews seem to be a mixed bag.

I should also mention that i am 6'2 and about 220 with gear on so i am partial to a burlier bike with a 38/zeb on it

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
what kind of riding you doing? DH Laps or long epics?

Whatever you select its very worth having a 38mm fork upfront, fox 38 or zebb. I would absolutely not buy an ebike with anything less.

Would add to your list YT Decoy MX and Canyon torqueon or Canyon Sprectralon

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
CSdirt wrote:
what kind of riding you doing? DH Laps or long epics?

Whatever you select its very worth having a 38mm fork upfront, fox 38 or zebb. I would absolutely not buy an ebike with anything less.

Would add to your list YT Decoy MX and Canyon torqueon or Canyon Sprectralon

Ya that’s what my gut was telling me. I’m on a 38 right now and can’t imagine going back. I’m also doing Mostly DH laps in chunky steep areas so I think it’ll serve me well.

Love the decoy and canyon but they seem to be permanently out of stock lol

Also, another question popped to mind, with a 504 battery how many laps do you reckon I could get on a system that had around 1-1.5 miles of steep climbing followed by the decent. I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it for me to tule bikes out based on battery size

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
itay123 wrote:
A06 wrote:

I have heard that you can blow through the rear travel very fast on the tazer. Any thoughts? On paper i really like it but the reviews seem to be a mixed bag.

I should also mention that i am 6'2 and about 220 with gear on so i am partial to a burlier bike with a 38/zeb on it

IMO Intense really shot themselves in the foot by not including a $20.00 shock token kit with the bike. They give you a nice torque wrench, shock pump and other trinkets but yeah the shock is an issue as it ships from the factory but its a very easy fix. But you are correct thats the thing every single review will mention and they are not wrong but its easily and cheaply addressed.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005652
Mobile Version of Website