close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

SRAM to SRAM brake swap help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SRAM to SRAM brake swap help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
I am swapping out the SRAM Level T brakes that came stock on my trek top fuel to SRAM G2 RSCs. The new brakes come connected to the hoses and bled. The front brake is an easy swap. The rear brake however has the hose routed through the frame. Can I trim the existing hose at both ends and reconnect it to the new lever/caliper or do I need to route the new brake hose through the frame (I’m hoping to avoid this)? The connection at the caliper end is slightly different but I’m not sure how much that matters. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful.

If running the new hose through the frame is my only or best option any advice or experience routing hoses through treks control freak system would be helpful. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
New hose will need to be run through the frame if the caliper connection is different.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
He's asking if he can trim the ends of the hose off, not use the same fittings.

You'll need to fit new barbs and olives, but the hose diameter is the same, so it should be fine. As long as there's enough length left on the hose after cutting, no reason not to re-use

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
And what JonnyTheWeasel is saying is that if the caliper mounts are different that he will need to use the new hose and reroute and a few of the SRAM mounts on that end are different. owlsmyles can you upload pics of the old and new and that would help.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
Thanks everyone for your responses. @whattheheel here are the pictures of the two calipers. The Level T hose connection is hidden in the caliper body.

Level T caliper
G2 RSC caliper

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
Yep. You won't be able to use your existing hose.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
Well, it’s not tragedy but it’s nixed by hope for a short cut. Thanks all for your help.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004862
Mobile Version of Website