Getting back to street riding in 2022

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Getting back to street riding in 2022
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 5:11 Quote
Hi guys, after 8 years of not riding I have decided to go back and started building a bike, unfortunately after so many years, the industry has changed and I'm having trouble finding compatible parts. The bike will be built upon 2021 Ns Capital in 26. It will have a Fox float 15mm/100mm fork lowered to 100. Now i would love some profile hubs, but they only come in 36 hole variant, but most 26 rims have went to 32h design and I'm having trouble finding suitable rims. I could buy some random rims, but the bike will be a high end one, all Ti bolts, posible axles, spokes and etc, so I'm not about to put any cheap rims on it.
So my question to you, what's a good and light 26 rim these days, that is in 36h, light but of course fairly strong for street riding? What about the tyres?

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
Sun Ringle MTX are available in 36H and they are very strong hoops or you could go with carbon rims. Light Bicycle Recon carbon is available in 36H

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
I've just built up the same frame, If you want to be able to run a brake you need something really pretty wide and with a braking surface. I built up some Halo T2 rims for mine. Halo still make the SAS too but its a fair amount heavier than the T2

FL
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
Halo an Dartmoore are worth a look for 36spk maybe NS?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
Wow, thanks for the feedback guys, really amazing to see that there are still riders around!

Not really a fan of dartmoor personally, Ns do have some pretty sick 26 rims, but the ones I liked are 32h.
Not sure for carbon wheels for street riding?
Seems pushing it, but damn those would be light.

So I have found out that Pride Street actually make 26 rims in 36h that are fairly light, so pulled the trigger on those, fairly cheap rims, hope they hold.
Cheers guys!

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 1:21 Quote
KOMA wrote:
Wow, thanks for the feedback guys, really amazing to see that there are still riders around!

Not really a fan of dartmoor personally, Ns do have some pretty sick 26 rims, but the ones I liked are 32h.
Not sure for carbon wheels for street riding?
Seems pushing it, but damn those would be light.

So I have found out that Pride Street actually make 26 rims in 36h that are fairly light, so pulled the trigger on those, fairly cheap rims, hope they hold.
Cheers guys!

The pride street stuff looks awesome, My next frame will be one of theirs.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 19:16 Quote
Check Profile for "MTB hubs" then choose 10x135
They have em

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010564
Mobile Version of Website