close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Competitive cyclist

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Competitive cyclist
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 3:05 Quote
I wanted to give fewer stars. They are terrible and the customer service is even worse! My order took forever and they gave me the wrong shipping numbers. When I contacted them they gave me one of the numbers correctly but not the two others (bikes come in three boxes!!!). As is usual, I received an email confirming my order and informing me the bike will take 3 to 5 days to "build". They also informed me that my Pilot Firebird was due to be built soon.... I ordered a Santa Cruz Tallboy. I have no idea why it takes 5 days to take a bike out of one box and into another but there you go. I use to work in a bike shop and know that it does take time to do a once over to make sure everything is perfect, but honestly, 5 days??? In my case, it took 8 days from when I ordered it until it shipped.

When I got my order, they shipped two left knee pads... it's been over two weeks trying to resolve this. Again, how difficult is it to resolve a wrong order? I have complained and was sent an email saying they were looking into it..

These guys suck! There are many other online retailers that I have dealt with over the years that do a much, much better job.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 4:10 Quote
Sounds like a bum deal but labor shortages are probably the issue with taking 5 days to build your bike.
Not sure about Pivot and Santa Cruz, but some bikes are shipped from the manufacturer 100% disassembled. Not even a headset cup has been seated in the frame. This will obviously take a significant amount of time for them to build, tune and then disassemble into a few pieces so you can put it back together.

Bummer on the wait times, but at least you have a bike en route.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
^Yeah, this.

Remember when 5 days or more was normal for a company to post something to you? Remember when you had to physically go to a shop to buy and collect your bike? We've been made to think that next day delivery stuff is normal via exploitative work practices. Just have a little patience.

Sucks they mistyped an email and sent one item wrong, seems like they're sorting it out though. Mistakes happen.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
They've changed their shipping vendors and are much slower than before. I ordered a tire that took way too long to get here, then a fork that was supposed to get here today but will arrive tomorrow. I don't get why they changed- they were super reliable before. I hope they're monitoring this for feedback.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006909
Mobile Version of Website