close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

DJ bike with front disc

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
DJ bike with front disc
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 1:44 Quote
Hi
I'm looking to get a street trials bike, but those have silly prices.
Does anyone know of a complete new dj bike where the front hub is disc compatible?
Thanks already guys!

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 2:42 Quote
All the Ns bikes come with a front brake fitted out of the box. Or the ones sold in the UK do at least

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 2:03 Quote
Commercial Absolut last year came with a front brake you could install if you wanted too. The hubs are comparable. Nice and light bike for the money, with a bunch of sizes.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
I've been down this road. If you want to ride street trials a dirt jump bike is going to be a lot harder to learn. If you don't end up frustrated and quitting then you will eventually acquire a street trials set up. My advice, just get it from the start, you'll be better off.

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 20:40 Quote
Most complete DJ bikes will come with a front hub that is disc compatible - running one is more common than you’d think from looking at pics. My Marin Alcatraz came with an uninstalled front brake, but all the parts were there. I used a different set from another bike, but there were no issues. If you are interested in bar spins, then Aheadset/Cane Creek make a hollow headset bolt allowing you to run the front brake hose through the steerer.

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 22:09 Quote
phidauex wrote:
Most complete DJ bikes will come with a front hub that is disc compatible - running one is more common than you’d think from looking at pics. My Marin Alcatraz came with an uninstalled front brake, but all the parts were there.

Yeah, the Kona Shonky also comes with a front brake. I don't think they expect you to use it though, because the rear brake is hydraulic and the front is cabled. I figure they include it due to legal requirement, maybe.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007693
Mobile Version of Website