Finding a trials bike

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Finding a trials bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
Hi
I ride mostly enduro style riding and have a status for that, I’m looking to start riding some trials stuff but I’m having a hard time locating a bike. I live in MA, does anyone no a good place to look for a bike ?

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
tigheguy8 wrote:
Hi
I ride mostly enduro style riding and have a status for that, I’m looking to start riding some trials stuff but I’m having a hard time locating a bike. I live in MA, does anyone no a good place to look for a bike ?

You can look on the trials section of the buysell ads here... sometimes there are some good deals. But often people wanting more money than what they paid 10 years ago, as it is.

Overall, it's extremely hard to find a trials bike right now. All those supply chain issues have hit small niche areas of riding like trials really hard.

https://www.webcyclery.com/ Is really the only USA based dealer for trials bikes.
tartybikes.co.uk is one of the bigger ones. based out of UK. Shipping rates are pretty marvelous really, you'll probably get things faster than domestic. Be prepared to pay customs on a full bike though.

Again, normally both of these guys have a bunch in stock, but options are a bit more limited.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
Thank you for the info! I will continue my search and look into those sites

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
tigheguy8 wrote:
Hi

Tartybikes is awesome
https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/24_inch_trials_bikes/c50.html

Their prices are good, they ship everything to your door in 2 miliseconds, the shop is run by like 9 pro trials riders, and they have the best customer service ever.
There is absolutely 0 risk buying from Tarty and they have a lot in stock. If you are totally new to this, and just want to get something good guaranteed that is the way to go. If you are on a budget a used bike will be cheaper. Just check it over carefully for dents and cracks. Spin the wheels make sure they are reasonably straight, and check the brake line for oil leaks. Most other repairs should be fairly cheap.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006242
Mobile Version of Website