close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Could I shlap a 29 inch fork on my jeffsy and make it a mullet

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Could I shlap a 29 inch fork on my jeffsy and make it a mullet
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
I wouldn't. My feeling is you need a 27.5 designed around a 20mm longer travel fork than rear travel. 29er forks have 20mm linger stations then 27.5 and the 29er wheel is 20mm taller. I usually run 20mm less travel mullet than 27.5 and this boosts the front 20mm still which makes the bike 1 degree slacker in both sta and hta.

If you mullet your jeffay, the bike will either have 20mm less front travel than rear or you will boost the bike's front end by 40mm. Neither of which seems worthwhile to me.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 4:16 Quote
Yep. Exactly what i'm planning on my bike. I have no plans to pedal it uphill any more though as I have gone emtb for that, but turning my old 27.5 into a mullet by doing exactly what you suggest for pure uplift days. Really depends on your intended use.

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
If you fit a dual crown and lower the travel you will gain 20mm back as they are 20mm shorter for a given travel length....there's always that if you don't plan on going uphill...Trouble is the Jeffsy isn't a long travel bike to begin with so you would really have to drop the travel down on the dual crowns to 160 to keep the same geo...and pretty much your only option for that is the super expensive Ohlins dual crown fork....others like the Boxxer will lower to 180mm but that will be equivalent in height to running a 160mm single crown plus the larger 29 wheel so the front will still be 20mm taller than it is now. Basically to mullet and keep the same geo you are gonna have to somehow get a dual crown down to 160mm or single crown down to 140mm.

Posted: Dec 9, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
Themanicguy wrote:
theoredically.

deoredically you could

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005502
Mobile Version of Website