close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Cranks stripped, were fixed, but pedal is still losening it self. What should I do?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Cranks stripped, were fixed, but pedal is still losening it self. What should I do?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
Hey everyone, I have a 2019 Specialized P3 I got off a friend. Mid ride my pedal found it’s way to wriggle out and stripped my cranks. After having it retapped and a insert put it, I put my pedal back in and it keeps loosening. Have I done something wrong?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
Miles2423 wrote:
Hey everyone, I have a 2019 Specialized P3 I got off a friend. Mid ride my pedal found it’s way to wriggle out and stripped my cranks. After having it retapped and a insert put it, I put my pedal back in and it keeps loosening. Have I done something wrong?

Shouldn't pedals be tightening themselves rather than loosening, because one side is counter threaded? Did you tap it the wrong direction? Is it the drive side pedal?

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Miles2423 wrote:

Shouldn't pedals be tightening themselves rather than loosening, because one side is counter threaded? Did you tap it the wrong direction? Is it the drive side pedal?

The Tap they put in is reversed

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
Miles2423 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Miles2423 wrote:

The Tap they put in is reversed
then wouldn't he need 2 identical pedals...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006061
Mobile Version of Website