close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Raceface Atlas crank keeps coming loose

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Raceface Atlas crank keeps coming loose
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 0:13 Quote
My Raceface Atlas crank keeps coming loose causing the drive side crank arm to wobble a little. I re-torque it to 50nm, and then shortly after, the chainring comes loose and begins to creak. When I get home, I remove the crank arm and re-torque the chainring time 40nm.

This is the third time this has happened over the last couple months. What am I doing wrong??

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
I assume you are not missing the 16mm cap on the drive side?

Are you sure the crank is coming loose and it isn’t just the preload adjuster coming lose on the non drive side which is creating some slip in the cranks?

Is your preload set correctly and do you run spacers on your spindle?

I have the NextR cranks which are the same concept, and they certainly have never come loose. If the chainring is coming loose also, that seems even more odd.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
Photos of the set up might help.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
I assume you are not missing the 16mm cap on the drive side?

Are you sure the crank is coming loose and it isn’t just the preload adjuster coming lose on the non drive side which is creating some slip in the cranks?

Is your preload set correctly and do you run spacers on your spindle?

I have the NextR cranks which are the same concept, and they certainly have never come loose. If the chainring is coming loose also, that seems even more odd.

Yup, still have the cap. And it the drive side crank arm that comes loose. It start wobbling on the crank shaft. The non-drive side seems to stay put just fine when this happens. Their is one spacer on the drive side. And yes, super weird that the chainring comes loose too. That’s why I posted. I feel like there is something going on that I am missing. I notice that all the threads have some grease on them. Should I clean the grease off and try some thread locker? I’d post some pics, but I am basically tech illiterate and pinkbike is a pain in the @s&.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006077
Mobile Version of Website