close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

21’ Polygon Siskiu T8 -or- 21’ Ghost Riot AM

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
21’ Polygon Siskiu T8 -or- 21’ Ghost Riot AM
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
I am comparing the 2 bikes. Same price aside from shipping which puts the Ghost at $150 more which isn’t a big deal.

https://www.bikesonline.com/2022-polygon-siskiu-t8-dual-suspension-mountain-bi

Or

https://www.wiggle.com/ghost-riot-am-alal-u-essential-suspension-bike-2021

Let me know what you guys think!

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
Two things:
1) Make sure you know where the bike is actually being shipped from. I don't know your physical location, but if you're in the USA be advised that Wiggle is based in the UK and shipping overseas can catch some folks by surprise. And then some states will add another tax on top of that.
2) These two bikes have pretty different suspension and travel. Plus, the bikesonline site doesn't even tell you if you're buying a 27.5 or 29er bike and this model comes in both flavors so I wouldn't put money that direction until I knew what I was actually buying.

Good luck.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Two things:
1) Make sure you know where the bike is actually being shipped from. I don't know your physical location, but if you're in the USA be advised that Wiggle is based in the UK and shipping overseas can catch some folks by surprise. And then some states will add another tax on top of that.
2) These two bikes have pretty different suspension and travel. Plus, the bikesonline site doesn't even tell you if you're buying a 27.5 or 29er bike and this model comes in both flavors so I wouldn't put money that direction until I knew what I was actually buying.

Good luck.

Thank you. I do know about wiggle and their lead times shipping to USA. I’m in Las Vegas

The polygon uses the wheel for system so it would come in 29” in the size XL that I would need.

Looks like the ghost just has the next step up Fox suspension. Better drivetrain and better brakes. And more travel which might be good considering in 6’2” 255lbs. It might come to availability at the time I order something.

The polygon gets amazing reviews. And I know that Ghost is a great brand. We will see I guess.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
The longer travel is only useful if you're actually going to be hitting rowdy trails. The longer travel bike will be less fun pedaling uphill or for any long, flat rides. In general terms, the longer the suspension travel on the bike then the more downhill riding you'll be doing.

Your fitness will have a lot to factor in as well. A strong rider can certainly pedal a long travel, DH bike up mountains, but it definitely wouldn't be the best bike choice for the job.

Take a good, hard look at the type of riding you will actually be doing and then pick a bike that suits that terrain and style of riding.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
The longer travel is only useful if you're actually going to be hitting rowdy trails. The longer travel bike will be less fun pedaling uphill or for any long, flat rides. In general terms, the longer the suspension travel on the bike then the more downhill riding you'll be doing.

Your fitness will have a lot to factor in as well. A strong rider can certainly pedal a long travel, DH bike up mountains, but it definitely wouldn't be the best bike choice for the job.

Take a good, hard look at the type of riding you will actually be doing and then pick a bike that suits that terrain and style of riding.

Well I am relatively knew to higher end MTBing, with that said i used to race BMX when i was young and i am pretty decent on a bike still. I would like to be able to progress without the bike hindering me as well as bring it to some parks in the future (main reason for wanting Longer Travel) The ghost is still a 12 speed so that's a plus, hopefully with their suspension design its a good climber but there aren't any reviews anywhere b/c its a brand new bike. Plus it looks good!

On the other hand the T8 is very nice looking as well (not sold on the purple though) and still comes with a fox 34 and DPS2. It is the same price as the Ghost, most likely come down to whats in stock at the time i pull the trigger.

Any huge differences between the rhythm 34 and 36 besides stiffness?

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
at 255 pounds you will want the 36 if you plan on doing any sort of aggressive riding.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
at 255 pounds you will want the 36 if you plan on doing any sort of aggressive riding.

Ok thank you

Posted: Dec 24, 2021 at 5:42 Quote
If you have any problems the polygon, it will be a nightmare dealing with customer service. I have owned n-9 since 2019 and still waiting on derailleur hangers. Surly they would stock that right. Good luck.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 4:18 Quote
kelparker wrote:
If you have any problems the polygon, it will be a nightmare dealing with customer service. I have owned n-9 since 2019 and still waiting on derailleur hangers. Surly they would stock that right. Good luck.
I know that pain. The dee hanger is common with so many bikes. I ended up biting the bullet and using derailleurhangers.com and paying 2x the price

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005138
Mobile Version of Website