close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Shorter Shock or offset bushing?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shorter Shock or offset bushing?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
I just picked up an Extra Small 2007 Titus Racer X from a friend after I built her a new trail shredding bike. I didn't know much about it till I got it on the stand this evening. It doesn't appear to be stock. It has a Fox 32 Float series but it is 100mm vs 80 that comes on an XS. I recently also picked up a mid-2000's rocky mountain element that was busted but it comes with a 152x31 fox shock. The titus has a 165x38 shock.

Other specs to note.
With the 100mm fork it was about 68.5 degree HA and the BB was about 12.75inches off the ground.

My goal is to make a sweet little bike for my nephew who will be getting out of the 24in to a 26in bike and he shreds pretty hard.

I put that 152 shock in to see what the effects would be on the bike. The HA went to about 66 degrees and the BB dropped to about 12inches. I didn't measure before but the the Seat angle after the 152 shock dropped to 70 which is a lot for an adult but I don't really know what that would do for a kid who is 4'11.

When I raised the fork on his hardtail 30mm it was too much but that raised his whole bike up and back.

What do you guys think. I can also still do the 165 shock with 5mm in offset bushings

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005192
Mobile Version of Website