Fork upgrade for x caliber 8

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Fork upgrade for x caliber 8
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
Recently bought an trek x caliber 8 and its super fast and fun but i feel like I need a better fork on it because Im coming close to bottoming it out regularly. Bike currently has a judy silver on it. Its soft and nice but maybe too much so. Anyone have any experience with this bike and different fork combinations? I know the max travel is 120 for my frame. Any input greatly appreciated.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 22:43 Quote
boulder-holder wrote:
Recently bought an trek x caliber 8 and its super fast and fun but i feel like I need a better fork on it because Im coming close to bottoming it out regularly. Bike currently has a judy silver on it. Its soft and nice but maybe too much so. Anyone have any experience with this bike and different fork combinations? I know the max travel is 120 for my frame. Any input greatly appreciated.

You can add volume spacers to your fork to prevent bottom-out, RockShox doesn't make spacers that will fit in 30mm stanchions so, here these foam spacers I found, not sure if these will work.

https://albadistribution.ca/products/neopos-kit?variant=13684111278198

If you are looking for a new fork there are a lot of things to consider, But I believe the best fork under $500 is the Marzochi Z2

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009049
Mobile Version of Website