close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Oh no it's another Seraph build

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Oh no it's another Seraph build
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 19:53 Quote
Reba fork is flimsy though when your ripping berms no?

I really like the pike dj fork- I think the reba will make your bike ride crappy no?

Also surprised to see your going to run carbon wheels, seems a bit expensive when your saying the reba is 250$ cheaper. I guess your after the weight being low- but I would rather run alu rims and have the budget for a pike dj.

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 23:30 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Reba fork is flimsy though when your ripping berms no?

I really like the pike dj fork- I think the reba will make your bike ride crappy no?

Also surprised to see your going to run carbon wheels, seems a bit expensive when your saying the reba is 250$ cheaper. I guess your after the weight being low- but I would rather run alu rims and have the budget for a pike dj.

The Pike DJ is out of stock forever and ever. I think the Reba will be plenty stiff. And the carbon rims are only $153 each, just over the price of a nice aluminum offering. Not pricey at all.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 17:53 Quote
Okay that seems too good to be true for those carbon rims. Im in the process of building a bike so I am looking forward to seeing these rims on your build and what you think of them.

Pike might be out of stock forever but I guess what im saying is why not any other dirtjump fork like a marz or a manitou? Reba just sounds sketch even for a pump track bike, and if weight is the ultimate goal why not a rigid fork?

Not trying to sound like I know better than you, Im actually really interested in your perspective on this

I have a couple of fox 32 831 forks and they are flimsy but I only weigh like 140lbs, so since im a feather weight they are ok. I much prefer stiffer chassis forks. Do you think the reba would compare to a 32 fox?

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Okay that seems too good to be true for those carbon rims. Im in the process of building a bike so I am looking forward to seeing these rims on your build and what you think of them.

Pike might be out of stock forever but I guess what im saying is why not any other dirtjump fork like a marz or a manitou? Reba just sounds sketch even for a pump track bike, and if weight is the ultimate goal why not a rigid fork?

Not trying to sound like I know better than you, Im actually really interested in your perspective on this

I have a couple of fox 32 831 forks and they are flimsy but I only weigh like 140lbs, so since im a feather weight they are ok. I much prefer stiffer chassis forks. Do you think the reba would compare to a 32 fox?

The Marzocchi DJ fork is about $100 more than the Ticket frame at cost. No way am I spending more on the fork than the frame. And Manitou are known to be sub-par. I used to run 32mm stanchion forks on DJ bikes back in the day and never had an issue with them. Fork stiffness isn't a major concern of mine with this build.

Look, 32mm stanchions:
New direct mount TRS ring.

No one died.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
My first DJ had a Fox 831 32 on it. Rode the absolute crap out of that fork, including some integrity-testing crashes. It held strong without any issues. "Flimsy" or not, I have full confidence in those forks. I'm with Seraph on this one.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 16:36 Quote
Ahh I see. Im sorry I must have forgotten that your not too concerned with stiffness. I just re read the first post and it even says that.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007338
Mobile Version of Website