Oh no it's another Seraph build

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Oh no it's another Seraph build
Author Message
Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 19:53 Quote
Reba fork is flimsy though when your ripping berms no?

I really like the pike dj fork- I think the reba will make your bike ride crappy no?


Also surprised to see your going to run carbon wheels, seems a bit expensive when your saying the reba is 250$ cheaper. I guess your after the weight being low- but I would rather run alu rims and have the budget for a pike dj.

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 23:30 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Reba fork is flimsy though when your ripping berms no?

I really like the pike dj fork- I think the reba will make your bike ride crappy no?


Also surprised to see your going to run carbon wheels, seems a bit expensive when your saying the reba is 250$ cheaper. I guess your after the weight being low- but I would rather run alu rims and have the budget for a pike dj.

The Pike DJ is out of stock forever and ever. I think the Reba will be plenty stiff. And the carbon rims are only $153 each, just over the price of a nice aluminum offering. Not pricey at all.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 17:53 Quote
Okay that seems too good to be true for those carbon rims. Im in the process of building a bike so I am looking forward to seeing these rims on your build and what you think of them.

Pike might be out of stock forever but I guess what im saying is why not any other dirtjump fork like a marz or a manitou? Reba just sounds sketch even for a pump track bike, and if weight is the ultimate goal why not a rigid fork?

Not trying to sound like I know better than you, Im actually really interested in your perspective on this

I have a couple of fox 32 831 forks and they are flimsy but I only weigh like 140lbs, so since im a feather weight they are ok. I much prefer stiffer chassis forks. Do you think the reba would compare to a 32 fox?

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Okay that seems too good to be true for those carbon rims. Im in the process of building a bike so I am looking forward to seeing these rims on your build and what you think of them.

Pike might be out of stock forever but I guess what im saying is why not any other dirtjump fork like a marz or a manitou? Reba just sounds sketch even for a pump track bike, and if weight is the ultimate goal why not a rigid fork?

Not trying to sound like I know better than you, Im actually really interested in your perspective on this

I have a couple of fox 32 831 forks and they are flimsy but I only weigh like 140lbs, so since im a feather weight they are ok. I much prefer stiffer chassis forks. Do you think the reba would compare to a 32 fox?

The Marzocchi DJ fork is about $100 more than the Ticket frame at cost. No way am I spending more on the fork than the frame. And Manitou are known to be sub-par. I used to run 32mm stanchion forks on DJ bikes back in the day and never had an issue with them. Fork stiffness isn't a major concern of mine with this build.

Look, 32mm stanchions:
New direct mount TRS ring.

No one died.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
My first DJ had a Fox 831 32 on it. Rode the absolute crap out of that fork, including some integrity-testing crashes. It held strong without any issues. "Flimsy" or not, I have full confidence in those forks. I'm with Seraph on this one.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 16:36 Quote
Ahh I see. Im sorry I must have forgotten that your not too concerned with stiffness. I just re read the first post and it even says that.

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 19:46 Quote
I built up my ticket with green P321 hubs, and purple nipples, I can send some photos if you want to see how it looks.

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 16:01 Quote
Looking forward to seeing this come together! I think those Formula T1s will look killer against that frame color, you should continue the gunmetal theme elsewhere to tie it all together.

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 23:04 Quote
Hey, anyone still awake in here? If so, let's recap:

A lot has changed since I made this thread. Most notably is that I no longer work for Trek. So the Ticket DJ frame is out.

Instead I'm currently waiting on a stock alert from BTI on the DMR Rhythm frame in gray, size long. I already have the 12x142 dropouts and rear axle. I also have pedals, hubs, a saddle, and a fork, as well as the other parts that I had previously acquired.

Some parts for my upcoming DJ street pump bike project. DMR OiOi saddle limited edition DMR Vault pedals Bitex 32h 12x142 and 15x100 hubs.

So right now the build list is a bit f*cked, but here it is anyway:

Frame: DMR Rhythm, size large, gray
Headset: undecided
Fork: Rockshox Reba RL, 100mm
Stem: undecided
Handlebar: undecided
Front Brake: Formula T1 LTD
Front Rotor: Ashima Ai2 160mm
Rear Brake: Formula T1 LTD
Rear Rotor: Ashima Ai2 160mm
Front Hub: Bitex 15x100, 32h, oil slick
Rear Hub: Bitex 12x142, 32h, oil slick, HG
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion, black
Nipples: DT Swiss brass, black
Rims: undecided (basically it's between the Light Bicycle rims and Velocity Blunt 35s)
Tires: Michelin Pilot Pump 26x2.2, tubeless
Crankset: E.13 TRS Race, 165 or 170mm
Chainring: E.13 Guide Ring, 28 or 30t
Chain: undecided (depends on whether I run gears or not)
Pedals: DMR Vault LTD
Saddle: DMR OiOi gray camo
Seatpost: either a lightweight carbon something something, or a cheap dropper with an under-saddle lever
Gears: I have a spare GX DH derailleur and cassette, just needs a shifter. I put a pin in this part.

If I run gears I'll likely run a carbon E.13 top guide as well. Because gears.

Anyway I thought I owed anyone who's still out there an update. Yes the build is still on but it is greatly changed,

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
.............................................Confused moop.

Why no Trek? whatever the reason I am sure it has more to do with them being @$$#@ts or something. You're a fabulous guy. Do they know they have ruined the steeziest dj build in the history of PinkBIke? what went wrong?

By the way, I have finally been notified that my Long Chromag Monk (in purple, of course) should be arriving soon.

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
.............................................Confused moop.

Why no Trek? whatever the reason I am sure it has more to do with them being @$$#@ts or something. You're a fabulous guy. Do they know they have ruined the steeziest dj build in the history of PinkBIke? what went wrong?

By the way, I have finally been notified that my Long Chromag Monk (in purple, of course) should be arriving soon.

Lots of corporate bullshittery. It was back in January, I don't really care about it anymore.

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
seraph wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
.............................................Confused moop.

Why no Trek? whatever the reason I am sure it has more to do with them being @$$#@ts or something. You're a fabulous guy. Do they know they have ruined the steeziest dj build in the history of PinkBIke? what went wrong?

By the way, I have finally been notified that my Long Chromag Monk (in purple, of course) should be arriving soon.

Lots of corporate bullshittery. It was back in January, I don't really care about it anymore.

Same with my job Big Grin but I am on vacation on the Oregon coast so I don't care anymore for the next week.

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
Oh well, still looking like a solid build though! Looking forward to seeing the results!

Too bad Twenty6 isn’t around anymore. I think their urban camo colorway would be killer on there. I had a matching seat clamp and stem on my old Intense Socom.

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 22:15 Quote
Tires and rims are ordered. Velocity Blunt 35 rims and Maxxis DTH 26x2.15 tires. Going to run tubes for now, until the Michelin Pilot Pump tires come back into stock.

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
Well I just cancled my order for that Monk frame a few days ago. My DH brain got up and pointed me in the direction of something else Razz

At least I know someone else can zip around in the breeze with ease and save their knees...


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010059
Mobile Version of Website