Whyyyy does no one make all mountain or enduro bikes with 27.5 wheel anymore

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Whyyyy does no one make all mountain or enduro bikes with 27.5 wheel anymore
| Next Page
Posted: May 1, 2022 at 1:21 Quote
I Agree with above, Im slowly ending up looking for that small wheel feeling more and more.

only a few days ago I received my new Spectral mullet, Im only 2 rides in but instantly noticed the smaller wheel agility.
Mullet for sure gives some bonus of both, not as good as full 29er or 27.5 in their own right but an acceptable and good performing Mix.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
chrisss-prior wrote:
I want a enduro bike that’s 27.5 and a bit more of a freeride set up. But it seems like everything is 29 only now any good 27.5 suggestions?

2022 Santa Cruz Nomad CC

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 5:51 Quote
Nomad
Sb165
Norco Shore
Capra Shred

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 10:40 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
Pivot Shadowcat
And mach 6

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 11:07 Quote
Do they still make the Bronson in 27.5? I THINK they now only make them 29 or mullet, but from what I remember that was always one of the nicest 27.5 bikes, unless of course they no longer have them in full 27.5.

I always thought the 27.5 would be a staple, but I have to admit that after enough experience on 29's it really does give something to the ride that I miss when I'm back riding on a smaller wheel. Maybe so many riders are experiencing the same that the industry isn't trying to preserve that style bike as much as they should.

Who knows, maybe if there WERE more available maybe more riders would still be into them and they'd be more available. IDK if you could make an "enduro" ride out of a Process 153, but with the right upgrades that bike could be a beast. Definitely could see it being "all mountain" I guess. It's a pretty damn nice bike, but if I was going to get one I'd go for PRE-2020. I especially like the 2018 Process 153.

Good question still.

~JSV

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Do they still make the Bronson in 27.5? I THINK they now only make them 29 or mullet, but from what I remember that was always one of the nicest 27.5 bikes, unless of course they no longer have them in full 27.5.

I always thought the 27.5 would be a staple, but I have to admit that after enough experience on 29's it really does give something to the ride that I miss when I'm back riding on a smaller wheel. Maybe so many riders are experiencing the same that the industry isn't trying to preserve that style bike as much as they should.

Who knows, maybe if there WERE more available maybe more riders would still be into them and they'd be more available. IDK if you could make an "enduro" ride out of a Process 153, but with the right upgrades that bike could be a beast. Definitely could see it being "all mountain" I guess. It's a pretty damn nice bike, but if I was going to get one I'd go for PRE-2020. I especially like the 2018 Process 153.

Good question still.

~JSV

The Bronson only comes in mullet now. I have a V3 27.5 bronson and will definitely be hanging onto it for a long time. Very sick bike. A lot of riders still ride smaller wheels, especially in bike parks. The industry seems to be pushing 29 but if you look at the recent poll on this website at the Whistler bike park, over half the riders are still running small wheels.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 22:03 Quote
Yeah for real, hang on to that Bronson. It's kind of like I thought THAT would be the model SC always had in that size wheel because it sort of defined what I thought that bike was. I still see some excellent condition 2019 & 2018 Stumpy's in 27.5--good size wheel for THAT bike too.

Post a pic' of the Bronson we'd love to see it!

~JSV

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008492
Mobile Version of Website