YT Jeffsy Core 2 or Canyon Spectral AL 6

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy Core 2 or Canyon Spectral AL 6
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
TMA-1 wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

I’d have to disagree, the L spectral and XL jeffsy wild be mint. I’m 6’ even and I’d be looking at the M spectral and L jeffsy.

I’d lean more towards the spectral 5 rather than the spectral 6 or the jeffsy. The 5 is cheaper and has a better spec than the 6 and jeffsy core 2. On the jeffsy I’d want a 2 degree angleset to make the bike descend better because of how steep the head angle is, and swap the brakes to something more powerful.

Im looking at the 6 instead of 5 because of the 1.6 pounds weight difference. 35.2lbs for the 5 just sounds so heavy.
I will pedal and climb a lot (home trails), but also want to develop skills for more routier descents as I enjoy that more. So Im trying to find that imagenary bike that can do it all without going up in price for carbon :-)

You say you enjoy the descents more but willingly will pay more for worse performing brakes, suspension and wheels? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The drivetrain is where all that extra weight is on the 5, which will end up being negligible when riding. If weight is such a big issue buy the 5 and use the money you save on the xt cassette and cranks, that's your 1.6lbs right there.
That was going to be my next question, about the weight. Isn't 35lb+ rather on the heavy side for a bike like this? Again, Im going to peddle and climb a lot also.
Ok, so Shimano Deore M6120 is better then Sram Code R and Fox 36 Rythm Grip is better then Rockshox Lyrik Select+?

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
TMA-1 wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
TMA-1 wrote:

Im looking at the 6 instead of 5 because of the 1.6 pounds weight difference. 35.2lbs for the 5 just sounds so heavy.
I will pedal and climb a lot (home trails), but also want to develop skills for more routier descents as I enjoy that more. So Im trying to find that imagenary bike that can do it all without going up in price for carbon :-)

You say you enjoy the descents more but willingly will pay more for worse performing brakes, suspension and wheels? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The drivetrain is where all that extra weight is on the 5, which will end up being negligible when riding. If weight is such a big issue buy the 5 and use the money you save on the xt cassette and cranks, that's your 1.6lbs right there.
That was going to be my next question, about the weight. Isn't 35lb+ rather on the heavy side for a bike like this? Again, Im going to peddle and climb a lot also.
Ok, so Shimano Deore M6120 is better then Sram Code R and Fox 36 Rythm Grip is better then Rockshox Lyrik Select+?

35lbs is what I’d consider average weight for this kind of bike. My current carbon fiber 145mm travel bike setup to race enduro weighs about 36lbs and I don’t see a problem with that.
I’d take shimano Defoe m6120 over the whole code range, and the fox rhythm grip over everything but the lyrik and zeb ultimate. Sram code rsc’s have been tested to have the same power as the levels, their xc brake, and the old Deore 2 piston brakes. The grip damper is better than the select+ damper and the rockshox C1 air spring is hot garbage.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 23:01 Quote
You say you enjoy the descents more but willingly will pay more for worse performing brakes, suspension and wheels? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The drivetrain is where all that extra weight is on the 5, which will end up being negligible when riding. If weight is such a big issue buy the 5 and use the money you save on the xt cassette and cranks, that's your 1.6lbs right there.[/Quote]

In your experience, do you find the codes worse than deore, and select + worse than rhythm? Or do you have links to where you saw their poor performance? I am having the same issue as the OP, and was wondering if I should save up for the Al 6, or buy the core 2 or Al 5 now.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007521
Mobile Version of Website