Thinking of going 32t round to 28t oval chainring…

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Thinking of going 32t round to 28t oval chainring…
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 3:03 Quote
You’ve reduced the diameter of the chain ring so you need to shorten the chain slightly to compensate.

Re skipping between 7th and 8th, that has nothing to do with an oval chain ring. It sounds like you’ve altered the chain line in some way. Is the offset of the oval the same as the ring you took off? Did any grime get behind the new ring when fitting it so it’s sitting slightly proud if it is the same offset?

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
Pigglet13 wrote:
You’ve reduced the diameter of the chain ring so you need to shorten the chain slightly to compensate.

Re skipping between 7th and 8th, that has nothing to do with an oval chain ring. It sounds like you’ve altered the chain line in some way. Is the offset of the oval the same as the ring you took off? Did any grime get behind the new ring when fitting it so it’s sitting slightly proud if it is the same offset?

No grime got behind the new ring , I cleaned and and re-greased all the parts that needed it. Offset is 3 mm on new oval ring which I believe is the same as stock, but not really sure since it says nothing about the chainring specs online for stock….

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
if you have a master link, could unhook it and see if a link less will take up enough or too much slack. also would not hurt to check B screw on der.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 14:55 Quote
gmoss wrote:
if you have a master link, could unhook it and see if a link less will take up enough or too much slack. also would not hurt to check B screw on der.

I’ll definitely try that tomorrow when I got some extra time, thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 0:29 Quote
gmoss wrote:

Thanks for the heads up bro!!
Just needed to adjust my chain gap with the b screw haha. Good looking and safe ridin out there

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006436
Mobile Version of Website