Add a photo to TF so it shows on the map

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Add a photo to TF so it shows on the map
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 0:40 Quote
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/tin-bum/

I've added heaps of photos in here but some show on the map and some don't, am I missing a simple step here?
Usually I'll add the photo via the app hmm

I added the photo on the trail above today but as you can see it doesn't show up on the map when you select photos, I do this obviously to see where the photo I took is located using the gps tags.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
I'm new to Trailforks and still learning my way around it. I am wanting to see actual GPS coordinate data but can't see how to do it.. How do I enter a GPS point and see it on a map or have specific location on a map I'd like the GPS coordinates for? If this has been answered somewhere I apologize for asking again but nothing came up in my search of Help or pb forum.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 20:28 Quote
Tap and hold the screen [long press] on the place and it'll give you the coordinates.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
It depends on if the photo has GPS lat/lon it is EXIF metadata.

If you are unsure if a photo has the metadata, you can try using this tool https://www.trailforks.com/contribute/uploadphoto/

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 22:16 Quote
Trevor - the photos definitely have GPS data embedded but even now when I check using that tool you linked to it shows the correct location.

Some of my [older] photos show up in-situ as it were but others just vanish.

What is the correct or best way to get the photos to show up on the map?

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 18:22 Quote
Just figured it out - photos have to be uploaded via the trail report link, seems like an unnecessary extra step to me.

If I just add a photo [that obviously has GPS metadata] to a trail it should show up in the location.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
As a trail maintainer I submit heaps of work reports with photos - sometimes when I get home from the trails.
I have have checked that my phone camera (an Android) is capturing the EXIF metadata, including co-coordinates - but I still cant get the app to store the co-ordinates on my reports.
Any suggestions???

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
DPinder wrote:
As a trail maintainer I submit heaps of work reports with photos - sometimes when I get home from the trails.
I have have checked that my phone camera (an Android) is capturing the EXIF metadata, including co-coordinates - but I still cant get the app to store the co-ordinates on my reports.
Any suggestions???

I also can't see images on the map using the app, I have to use the website or at least the mobile version then select 'photos' in the 'layers' menu.

It's a bit clunky though, we should be able to open a trail, add photos and they show up in the right location [where they were taken]

Mod Outside+
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
DPinder wrote:
Any suggestions???

Are you adding the photos via the app or website? I need a sample, send me an photo that didn't include coordinates.
trevor@trailforks.com

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006256
Mobile Version of Website