Orbea Rise Rivals

PB Forum :: eMTB
Orbea Rise Rivals
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 19:21 Quote
Has anybody heard if they’re any new eMTB due to be released that rival the Rise 10?
I know Orbea and Shimano collaborated to customize the EP8 motor for proficiency and output however that agreement has run out.
I think there’s a growing market for the lighter weight electric mountain bikes that perform like Orbea Rise but have better performance output than the specialized Levo SL (35nm vs 65nm).
The weight, range and the agility of the Orbea Rise are unrivaled!

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
Very interested in this as well.

Hopefully more companies are looking into this,

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
mbillets wrote:
Has anybody heard if they’re any new eMTB due to be released that rival the Rise 10?
I know Orbea and Shimano collaborated to customize the EP8 motor for proficiency and output however that agreement has run out.
I think there’s a growing market for the lighter weight electric mountain bikes that perform like Orbea Rise but have better performance output than the specialized Levo SL (35nm vs 65nm).

Have you extensively ridden both? Just curious.

I have a Wild H20 and I test drove the Rise and Levo SL and liked the SL better for sure but not more than a test ride.

I'm debating on going with a light ebike this year but I'm also waiting to know what hits the market in the next few years.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
rydroid wrote:
mbillets wrote:

I have a Wild H20 and I test drove the Rise and Levo SL and liked the SL better for sure but not more than a test ride.

I'm debating on going with a light ebike this year but I'm also waiting to know what hits the market in the next few years.

Yes, I've ridden both. The Rise was the better bike. Better in the fact that the EP8 is a better motor vs the Specialized Brose. The combination of the EP8 (that was customized for 60nm output with Shimano) and the 360 watt battery is better set up vs a 25-30nm Brose motor and 320 watt battery. More power and more range vs the Specialized Levo SL. Also, it was only 18.1 Kgs which is lighter than the Levo SL. The only thing I would improve on the Rise would be to upgrade or modify the front Fork. Needs to be a 160mm+ Fork. Also, they should include the Shimano controller/display.

After riding heavier eMTB bikes (NORCO SIGHT VLT 1) and getting on the Orbea or Levo, it sure has a nice lively almost Non-ebike feel!. Not to mention the ease of use throwing a 18kg bike around or doing the occasional "hike a bike" on technical trails.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 9:28 Quote
I wan't to like the Rise, but it's too much of a trail bike still. Give it Kenevo SL geo and I would be happy with 170/170 or more full sus.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 14:48 Quote
REZEN wrote:
I wan't to like the Rise, but it's too much of a trail bike still. Give it Kenevo SL geo and I would be happy with 170/170 or more full sus.

That is exactly what I am waiting for a Rise Lt with 150+ mm in a lightweight package. It will be interesting to see what the new Levo SL looks like, given the usual Specialized 3 year product refresh we could see one in the next 3ish months. I would hope for evo geometry and a bump in travel.

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 16:49 Quote
mbillets wrote:
rydroid wrote:
mbillets wrote:

Yes, I've ridden both. The Rise was the better bike. Better in the fact that the EP8 is a better motor vs the Specialized Brose. The combination of the EP8 (that was customized for 60nm output with Shimano) and the 360 watt battery is better set up vs a 25-30nm Brose motor and 320 watt battery. More power and more range vs the Specialized Levo SL. Also, it was only 18.1 Kgs which is lighter than the Levo SL. The only thing I would improve on the Rise would be to upgrade or modify the front Fork. Needs to be a 160mm+ Fork. Also, they should include the Shimano controller/display.

After riding heavier eMTB bikes (NORCO SIGHT VLT 1) and getting on the Orbea or Levo, it sure has a nice lively almost Non-ebike feel!. Not to mention the ease of use throwing a 18kg bike around or doing the occasional "hike a bike" on technical trails.

The LEVO SL comes with the Specialized SL 1.1 motor...not the Brose. The Brose is found in the regular LEVO.

I just picked up 2 EXPERT Levo SLs for the wife and myself. I've been debating on either the SL or the Rise...I've demoed the SL aluminum before and it was really good. Unfortunately nobody in my area had an Orbea Rise to test ride or demo.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 1:02 Quote
A mate has just bought an Orbea Rise, but no feedback on the ride yet, but does look a very interesting bike as the SL is a little on the weaker side for sure.

At the weekend I went out for a ride on my Kenevo SL with buddies on a new Levo SL Expert (2021) and Whyte e180 RS. The full fat eBike just blew us away as so much faster, we were in Trail or Turbo pretty much all the time, but no chance to keep up except when he was in Eco. That all said, he was moaning about the weight and plowing nature of the bigger bike and ultimately questioned if he had done the right thing as it was clearly not as playful in jumps etc. The difference in picking them up was very noticeable, although the Whyte is over 26 kg.

At the moment I'm happy on the SL with the trade-off - a bike you have to still try quite hard on, but def does ride more like a normal bike, but the extra torque of the Orbea would probably be even better for no real weight impact.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 16:37 Quote
I’ve had both and it’s pretty easy for me to say that I liked riding the SL a lot more. The rise does have more power but I didn’t find it to be double than that of the SL. In my opinion the SL is way better riding bike. If you’re not riding chunky terrain and need the extra power for physical reasons than the rise is your bike. For me, the deciding factor is/was the service. Good luck even getting parts fast for your Orbea. Specialized is really hard to beat in terms of service, warranty, and ease of getting parts. I was also infinitely frustrated with Orbea’s dumb ass Orbea Tool Box or whatever it’s called. I spent at least $1000 on both a Garmin Fenix and a GPS unit just so that I could have some sort of dash for the bike….total crap. Again, it’s very hard to beat Specialized’s Mission Control app and their bikes integration.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 18:47 Quote
qdrhrse wrote:
I’ve had both and it’s pretty easy for me to say that I liked riding the SL a lot more. The rise does have more power but I didn’t find it to be double than that of the SL. In my opinion the SL is way better riding bike. If you’re not riding chunky terrain and need the extra power for physical reasons than the rise is your bike. For me, the deciding factor is/was the service. Good luck even getting parts fast for your Orbea. Specialized is really hard to beat in terms of service, warranty, and ease of getting parts. I was also infinitely frustrated with Orbea’s dumb ass Orbea Tool Box or whatever it’s called. I spent at least $1000 on both a Garmin Fenix and a GPS unit just so that I could have some sort of dash for the bike….total crap. Again, it’s very hard to beat Specialized’s Mission Control app and their bikes integration.

For allot less money you could have just had your Orbea dealer get you a SC-EM800 display?

I'm curious if you had to actually try to get anything from Orbea parts wise? I had to warranty a frame through Orbea and it was pretty simple and painless.

I haven't ridden a Levo SL but my buddy has a Rise, he's put a 160mm Zeb on it and it's a pretty awesome bike.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
qdrhrse wrote:

For allot less money you could have just had your Orbea dealer get you a SC-EM800 display?

^This^

Orbea Rise does have a display option if you need it. I'd personally prefer the minimalist approach and I've already got a Fenix so that's a non-issue.
I'd be more interested in the warranty/parts/service situation if that were an actual problem.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
Have some ride time on both a Levo SL and Rise M10 since riding buddies have them.
The ride for me is similar, but the extra power and range give the Rise the edge for me.
I'm getting older and my joints complain on those long climbs.
I do have a Rise H15 on order and it's not due for at least a couple months.
Currently riding a Stumpjumper Comp Carbon and favorite bike I've owned so far.
Rumor mill has a new mid weight Levo coming out to compete against the Rise.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
I was looking at Levo SL Expert Carbons as there are so many used for sale near me, but at 6'3" sadly the XL is still too small. It would be like me downsizing from my current SC Hightower V2 XL to a L, yet still shorter.... yet sadly for an E-Bike the seat tube is much too slack!

Tried the Kenevo SL, but I am not good enough to ride that slack of a headtube! Feels quite floppy with my lack of skills. I could see how a good rider would like it though.

Still waiting.....

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 19:53 Quote
REZEN wrote:
Tried the Kenevo SL, but I am not good enough to ride that slack of a headtube! Feels quite floppy with my lack of skills. I could see how a good rider would like it though.

Is this expected? I have a Levo SL (S4 with a Fox 34 ) and currently trying a Kenevo SL (S3 with a Fox 38 ). Both forks and shocks are setup to my weight. I am finding the Kenevo SL much more sluggish and heavier. Despite the KSL being smaller, i thought it was actually less fun to ride. I don't do giant jumps / drops (max 3/4 feet). I cannot decide whether i should keep the KSL or upgrade the fork on my Levo SL.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006803
Mobile Version of Website