Orbea Rise Rivals

PB Forum :: eMTB
Orbea Rise Rivals
O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
Eyecube wrote:
REZEN wrote:
Tried the Kenevo SL, but I am not good enough to ride that slack of a headtube! Feels quite floppy with my lack of skills. I could see how a good rider would like it though.

Is this expected? I have a Levo SL (S4 with a Fox 34 ) and currently trying a Kenevo SL (S3 with a Fox 38 ). Both forks and shocks are setup to my weight. I am finding the Kenevo SL much more sluggish and heavier. Despite the KSL being smaller, i thought it was actually less fun to ride. I don't do giant jumps / drops (max 3/4 feet). I cannot decide whether i should keep the KSL or upgrade the fork on my Levo SL.

So the Levo SL does not come in "S" sizing. Sounds like you have the XL, and should be comparing against the S4 KSL.

Where I ride is almost all chucky baby head or larger rock, mostly sharp: Tunnel/Cold Springs Trail in Santa Barbara CA.

Going slow really sucks on this trail, best to try to float on top of the rock. The steeper head angle of the KSL will help with OTB moments when you slam your front into a rock that you failed to pull up for. Anyway, I think the Orbea rise would be better on this type of trail (its a shuttle trail though, no need for pedaling) compared to the Levo SL. However I then tend to go to Crestline, which is DH track kind of steep.....

Then head to technical jump lines, and its a serious 2mi climb with the front wandering everywhere: Simi Rocky Peak: G-Spot

My buddy does all of this on his Levo SL, but he is used to smaller BMX bikes. I ONLY started with the latest generation of geo with my SC Hightower V2. My dirt jumper feels foreign and having the front wheel quite visibly more in front of me than the Levo helps my confidence.

Then again, you see guys still able to climb tech like this with their Levo SL

Anyway, all this to say I think the Rise is currently the best lightweight all mountain/enduro e-bike out there. The Kenevo SL, is on the extreme end of enduro/DH.

Fezzari Wire Peak also seems like a good choice for trail/all mountain.

FL
Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
Anyone tried one of these in comparison to the orbea?
photo

Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
zeeman wrote:
Anyone tried one of these in comparison to the orbea?
photo

That bike looks FAST

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
Trek Fuel EX-e 9.9 XX1 XAS that is not officially announced yet.

photo

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
photo

Has this been reviewed anywhere?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
Eyecube wrote:
REZEN wrote:
Tried the Kenevo SL, but I am not good enough to ride that slack of a headtube! Feels quite floppy with my lack of skills. I could see how a good rider would like it though.

Is this expected? I have a Levo SL (S4 with a Fox 34 ) and currently trying a Kenevo SL (S3 with a Fox 38 ). Both forks and shocks are setup to my weight. I am finding the Kenevo SL much more sluggish and heavier. Despite the KSL being smaller, i thought it was actually less fun to ride. I don't do giant jumps / drops (max 3/4 feet). I cannot decide whether i should keep the KSL or upgrade the fork on my Levo SL.

I recommend a 35mm stem instead of the 50mm. It makes it much more responsive up front. Just keep your stack height in mind as I made the mistake of lifting my bars higher and started to understeer more as my weight was drifting back. All sorted now

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 5:42 Quote
Does this rival the Rise? Maybe too heavy.
photo

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
The Orbea Rise is even mentioned a few times in the PB article....but I don't like the stem routing - BOO
photo

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
The Orbea Rise is even mentioned a few times in the PB article....but I don't like the stem routing - BOO
photo

Headset routing makes me sick, stem routing really makes me want to puke.....lol

Look at that picture and visualize the kinks routing those cables through and down the stem, now think of how much easier it would be to have a port on each side of the head tube and no crazy angles you'd have to bend the cables in to work and think of how much better it would be.....lol

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 9:28 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
photo

Headset routing makes me sick, stem routing really makes me want to puke.....lol

Look at that picture and visualize the kinks routing those cables through and down the stem, now think of how much easier it would be to have a port on each side of the head tube and no crazy angles you'd have to bend the cables in to work and think of how much better it would be.....lol

Concur 100% ^^

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
photo

Orbea releases a new Rise and this pops out at the same time. Wow!

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 5:39 Quote
zeeman wrote:
Rotwild R.X275 - photo Rupert Fowler Bike Connection Agency

That's damn nice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016690
Mobile Version of Website