Wheel not sitting straight in fork.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Wheel not sitting straight in fork.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
So, I noticed on my ride that my wheel was little bit bent, and so I trued it and it was really straight. But then I noticed the dished was not really good. Like 5mm to the other side. I dished the wheel correctly, trued it laterally and radially, and then I put it in the forks, and my wheel is now little bit to the non-drive side. Like 4mm. Not much to really ruin the effect on riding, but it is triggering me! The wheel is fully in dropouts, and I tried several times. Then I tried to put the wheel in fork on the other side (so that brake rotor will be on the drive side) and it is still "offset" to the non-drive side. So wheel is dished correctly, and the wheel is not right in dropouts. Fork measures all the same, I don't know what to do. I will be getting new wheel next week, and it will always look like I got some defect if it will be like that. Here are the photos. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
No photos attached, but sounds to me like your forks are bent. Are the fact your front wheel was buckled, and the fork possibly being bent, connected? Crashed recently?

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 18:50 Quote
Very strange. Even if the forks were bent, I think you woud see the dish switch to the other side when you reversed the wheel. i.e. dish is 4mm to the non-drive side when installed normally; would then be 4mm to the drive side when installed backwards (disk on the drive side). But you are saying that no matter which way you install the wheel, it's always dished to the non-drive side?? Is that correct?

Is it a QR axle or through axle?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006014
Mobile Version of Website