Fezzari Delano vs alternative?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fezzari Delano vs alternative?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 5:27 Quote
hey guys, looking to purchase first new bike after having several used ones. I've finally settled on a AM FS that has a lifetime warranty as I plan to keep it for a long time.

I'm looking at the Fezzari Delano. Would prefer the $3,600 trail comp but willing to over stretch the budget to $4,600 Elite if it's truly worth it. It feels like the DVO shock/fork are nearly as capable as the Fox Performance Elite (almost the same cost new too). A couple other upgrades like drivetrain and brakes too but not sure if its worth the extra $1K. Let me know your thoughts on that.

https://fezzari.com/collections/bikes/products/delano

Let me know if you guys think there's another as capable brand/model with similar lifetime warranty for the same price. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
The geometry on them is ok, they have a good rep but I no longer buy bikes with the shock mounted on its side. I have found that bikes with the shocks mounted horizontal there are more issues with the seals. Oil / lube sits on the bottom of the seals while the top side of the seals go dry. Again, jmo but every shock that I have blown was mounted horizontal.

As for what to get, look at Transition sentinel or the Spire. The Trek Slash is also a great bike.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
If you value a good warranty and service buy local. Not saying the Fezzari has bad service but warranty issues can be a nightmare with direct order bikes.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
^ I can't speak to Fezzari's customer service, but I had a warranty issue with the brakes on my Commencal, and it was an absolute dream. The rep was wonderfully honest with me, and they replaced something they probably shouldn't have. (I was technically out of warranty at the time.) Also a direct-to-consumer brand.

The brings me to another thought: @OP, have you looked at the Commencal Meta TR? I have nothing but good things to say about that brand.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
Hey Falcon991. That looks nice but the 2yr warranty for Commencal is kinda a bummer :-( I understand warranty isn't everything and their service is probably top notch but 2yrs vs Fezzari's lifetime for original purchaser is a good size difference.

@mustclime, I've been tried to read up on that horizontal vs vertical shock mounting. I can't find much that speaks to what you're referring to. Do you have some discussions or articles on those seals issues that relate specifically to horizontal mounts? thx

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
If you hang your bike while not riding it will lube the seals just fine, this could help your fork seals too. Alternate how you park your bike. I was looking at the Delano peak also but the lead time is a bit long.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
I live right near Fezzari. The bikes have awesome geo and pretty good paint too. However there have been quite a few local riders who have cracked their frames. I wouldn't personally get one but I am sure they are great for others.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
I got a Delano Peak Comp back in July and so far have loved it. Went the Comp route since
It was cheaper and shorter wait time (when I bought it). I really like the DVO suspension and the SLX drivetrain has been great. Only thing I changed were the saddle, 165mm SLX crank with 30T chainring, and a new freehub which changed engagement to 5 degrees. I haven’t had an issues with the bike but have contacted Fezzari several times for suspension setup advice, torque specs, and a few other random questions. Each time I’ve contacted them I’ve gotten information back via text or email within a few hours. It sucks that the supply chain is so unpredictable right now.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 18:44 Quote
Check out vorsprung suspension on YouTube, they have a couple videos shock issues. There is also a video on pinkbike front page talking about shock / frame design. It’s really simple, you mount a shock on its side, oil/ lube sits in the bottom side of the seals while the top side of the seals go dry. What the frame designer draws up is not always what the shock maker would want. Again, JMO

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
^ I can't speak to Fezzari's customer service, but I had a warranty issue with the brakes on my Commencal, and it was an absolute dream. The rep was wonderfully honest with me, and they replaced something they probably shouldn't have. (I was technically out of warranty at the time.) Also a direct-to-consumer brand.

The brings me to another thought: @OP, have you looked at the Commencal Meta TR? I have nothing but good things to say about that brand.

2 year warranty is pretty awful though.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
Falcon991 wrote:

2 year warranty is pretty awful though.

It could be better, true.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005769
Mobile Version of Website