Fox 36 Rhythm - What are they like?

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 36 Rhythm - What are they like?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
Hi, I've got a new Specialized Stumpjumper Evo on the way, it comes with Fox Rhythm forks. Just wondering if I should upgrade them with the grip2 damper straight away or just get out and ride them? I have no idea what they are like, I'm pretty sure they are an OEM fork as I've not seen them on sale. Just wondering how they differ to the Float with the grip2.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
birnie wrote:
Hi, I've got a new Specialized Stumpjumper Evo on the way, it comes with Fox Rhythm forks. Just wondering if I should upgrade them with the grip2 damper straight away or just get out and ride them? I have no idea what they are like, I'm pretty sure they are an OEM fork as I've not seen them on sale. Just wondering how they differ to the Float with the grip2.

Personally I would just ride it and see what you think. My GF has a Tallboy with a 34 Rhythm and it's been great. I have a Decoy with a 38 Performance, which I think is the same damper. Again, no complaints really. It's not quite as nice as the Lyrik Ultimate on my others bikes, but it's absolutely fine.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
birnie wrote:

They are great for 80% of riders. If you want to tune your fork then your will need a new damper. It’s basically just a set the air pressure/rebound and go, which is great for most riders.

I had one that came on a new bike several years back, it did it’s job but ultimately found it lacking in support for high speed impacts. Just sell it when you are ready and move on.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015850
Mobile Version of Website