Best all-round 29er under $3500?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best all-round 29er under $3500?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 23:36 Quote
Current bike is an ancient 26” StumpJumper that I’m not really happy with anymore. Looking to get a new one, what do you recommend?

- I’m 5’7”, 160lbs
- Riding skill somewhere in the middle of the spectrum
- Occasional technical trails but not very often
- Needs to be a 29er and good at climbing

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
I ride an Ibis Ripmo AF. It climbs like a goat thatnks to that DW Link suspension and descends like a rocket ship, likely thanks to the DW Link suspension. I just have the Deore build and have nothing to complain about. That DVO suspension is criminally underrated.
chernobylchild wrote:
Current bike is an ancient 26” StumpJumper that I’m not really happy with anymore. Looking to get a new one, what do you recommend?

- I’m 5’7”, 160lbs

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
chernobylchild wrote:

- I’m 5’7”, 160lbs

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/reign-29-2

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:14 Quote
Fuel EX 7/8 is hard to beat at that price point. NX drive train, decent wheels/tires, but on the future upgrade list would be the fork which is just a Recon 35 Gold RL. The EX 8 is just a bit above your budget, but has very solid components for not much more money. FWIW I bought a Fuel EX 9.7 back in September and it's been a fantastic bike so far. Great climber and also can handle really rough terrain despite only being 130mm of rear travel.

Also check out the Siskiu T8: https://www.bikesonline.com/2022-polygon-siskiu-t8-dual-suspension-mountain-bi

Lots of people have done video reviews with really good ratings, including Pinkbike on the value bike series. For $2500 it comes with some great components and you'll have some money left over to replace those Tektro brakes. Not reported to be a great climber, but not terrible either.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005243
Mobile Version of Website